Stubbles again

the hitman

The block of stubble fields that I reported about last time were slowing being ploughed under, but fortunately one field with 4 tall beech trees on its westerly side was still in stubble.

I watched a flightline going across the stubble then over the beech trees and on into the distance.

The wind was good and in my back so I thought I could decoy pigeons off the line and into the decoys.

It was slow to begin and the magnet was scaring  them away, however I had about 6 in the first hour. The flightine moved so the pigeons were crossing the furthest beech tree about 70 yrds from my hide and decoys, I thought that leaving the hide and getting under the line would be a good move.

Having moved guess what the next 3 pigeons went straight to the decoys and too far to shoot. Having moved back to the hide the pigeons chose to go over the beech  tree again, it’s going to be one of those days I thought.

By 2pm I was shooting a few on the decoys but more were heading for the beach tree, so I moved again but this time with some success.

I was shooting high pigeons coming straight at me like driven pheasant, and at one point I shot 12 without a miss ( ok so they weren’t that high ).

I packed up at 4pm with birds still moving, but I was happy with my bag of 36.

Hitman.