Zeroing in a Springer?

JONO

Wotcher all,

Am in trials with a nice underlever zeroed in at 30 yards and I should be able to assess its power and accuracy in my garden (short of 30yards) without the need to re zero the rifle.

Should everything work out could somebody give me a step by step idiots guide as, going forward, I may need to get the rifle zeroed in at different distances (especially having learned that 25 yards is about optimum for a clean kill with a .22) ?

Thanks in advance

Jon

Jono..

Do you have a B & D workmate or similar if so open the jaws just enough to rest the fore - end in, but dont clamp it. (cushioned with a towel or similar) so you can get a steady and consistant test bench. make your self comfortable as possible so that the gun is generally supported on the bench and not by you. This way you will be able to let off the trigger with minimum of shake.

I suggest you re - Zero the scope at 25 Yards by using the windage and elevation screws on the turrets (Click them round with a 1 pence piece, after removing the turret covers) The top turret contols elevation the side turret windage (Left or right) it is just a matter of experimentation.

When you have zeroed at 25 move the target out to its maximum 30 yards and using the bench again fire off a few shots at dead centre. The distance from the average pellet group to the centre of the target is the distance you will have to "hold over" when shooting the gun at 30 yards.

The gun in question will infact kill humanely rabbit and bird at 30 m and I have killed rabbit at 35 with a single shot to the head.

FM.