Stubble day

muncher

Friday and my usual call from Motty 👍,he was looking around as he finished early and had a couple of fields that looked possible for a decent bag. I had the looked at the field I shot the previous weekend and thought another stubble nearby would probably shoot. The plan was for us to spilt up and if one place wasn't producing then move and join the other. I set up with a small bush behind me and the wind cutting over my left shoulder. I didn't have any dead birds at all so I started with 8 old half shell decoys. I soon had a couple down and put a rotary out to my left, most birds came from behind and would either keep going or curl round and come in. I started about half ten and it was a slow trickle but a nice day in the sun and I hoped for about 50. Motty phoned and said his field wasn't looking any good, so he came over to join me,on the way down he looked at the stubble I shot last week and reported that there was a lot down feeding. He asked if he shot it would it mess me up, I didn't think it would, so give it a go chap. Well I could hear him popping away and I was still having pigeons come in. My brother joined me for a couple of hours, and we rearrange the decoys put some on cradles and another rotary, this definitely helped and more birds commited even in though they were not easy in a fairly strong wind.I could still hear Motty having a few. At four o'clock the sun was directly in my eyes and unless the pigeons came in low I was getting blinded by the sun, so I packed up. I picked 149 and a carrion crow. The next morning I walked over the edges of the field and picked another 6, for a total of 155 picked. I went over to me old mucker and he had picked 125, brilliant day in the end.

IMG-20190921-172225379.jpg

Edited by muncher

2 hours ago, kenholland said:

sunglasses for you and the dog , and you could have stayed a bit longer well done you two .

I was wearing sunglasses and a cap!

27 minutes ago, aga man said:

Good shooting. The dogs look knackered but very happy:good:

Yes they were and hot that's why I went back and looked in the morning for any I missed.