410 v corvids

Shotguneddy

Me and my dad thought we would give it ago today even tho it was forecast heavy rain for our part today, but last few days been seeing a lot of corvid and pigeon activity on some disced wheat stubble and the adjoining field was maize and was cut 3 days ago so also a lot of activity next to us, set up with 4 flocked full body crows and 12 flocked half crow shells on homemade spring sticks,  the wind was blowing gently west to east across the hide so put the pattern about 60-70 yards to the left to allow a clear killing zone on the right, and sat back to wait but minutes in jackdaws luring into the decs we got 1 each out the 3 that came in and then it was mainly Jackdaw's coming in perfectly for about 3-4 hours, and near the end to finish on i had 2 big rooks playing mobbing each other come other the decoys and killed both in 1 shot which was a bonus, ended on 32 in total with 7 unfortunately lost in brambles, but theres good signs of numbers increasing now so watch this space......

IMG_20190922_164544.jpg