If Labour get in power......

harrycatcat1

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Surely if they had conducted a proper "Card Vote" it could have actually shown which way the party was heading, by refusing to have such a vote it has left almost everyone wondering what their policy actually is!

Gordon Bennett!

That's standard for corbyn. Promise everything but don't actually have a policy on how to do it. Or is that just labour

JC has just stated that within 6 months of getting in to power he would ask the people whether they wanted to leave with his newly negotiated deal or to remain and then he stated that "they would listen to the people of this country"

Damned shame they haven't listened to the people of this country so far!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

4 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

his newly negotiated deal

And following Starmers guidelines - the new 'deal' would maintain 'exactly the trading conditions we have now' which by implication is staying in the single market and customs union - so in effect not leaving.  So his 'democratic vote would offer staying ........ or staying without any say in future proceedings.

The man is a complete idiot.

4 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

And following Starmers guidelines - the new 'deal' would maintain 'exactly the trading conditions we have now' which by implication is staying in the single market and customs union - so in effect not leaving.  So his 'democratic vote would offer staying ........ or staying without any say in future proceedings.

The man is a complete idiot.

Indeed!

But just listen to all the wonderful promises he is making in his closing speech, blimey I think I will be voting Labour at the forthcoming General Election, they are offering so much I can hardly refuse.:whistling:

I've just had 5 minutes of it and can't believe he's giving so much away, I don't think I'll have to actually buy anything again. Free child care,  prescriptions, no uni fees, nationalise (steal) the patents of medicines and make them here etc etc etc. 

£250 billion on investment for infra structure, another £250 billion on companies etc. 

To pay for it all he will tax the top 5%, and when they leave the next lot presumerably. 

So trillions of giveaways, I'm presuming abbott did the math. 

6 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Indeed!

But just listen to all the wonderful promises he is making in his closing speech, blimey I think I will be voting Labour at the forthcoming General Election, they are offering so much I can hardly refuse.

still going on...........

1. free trips to the moon
  2. subsertised knocking shop prices
  3. free bottom wiping service
  4. free beer for the over 60's

got my vote pal...:good:

1 minute ago, GingerCat said:

So trillions of giveaways, I'm presuming abbott did the math.

I believe (but can't find my source) that McDonnell has said they will borrow much of it - but with no immediate prospect of paying it back (or plan to pay it back)  ........ ever.  Unlike Venezuela  - we don't have vast reserves of oil against which to mortgage our children's future.  We struggle to pay back our existing debt (the rate of increase has come down, but the debt is already MASSIVE), so we will loose our credit rating - and be charged a great deal more in interest to borrow.

1 minute ago, JohnfromUK said:

I believe (but can't find my source) that McDonnell has said they will borrow much of it - but with no immediate prospect of paying it back (or plan to pay it back)  ........ ever.  Unlike Venezuela  - we don't have vast reserves of oil against which to mortgage our children's future.  We struggle to pay back our existing debt (the rate of increase has come down, but the debt is already MASSIVE), so we will loose our credit rating - and be charged a great deal more in interest to borrow.

Dont worry about the detail.

Free pizza free pizza free pizza

And the gullible will line up to vote and blame the Tories 50 odd years later when they are working till 90 with no pension, having lined up on the road at 0559 every morning with a broom and shovel waiting for the horn to blow. 

The 32 hour week wins me over. Currently do a minimum of 48 and just pay the bills. Duties are forever asking people in on overtime to cover the shortfall and struggle to get takers. Staff are going rick as they are physically unable to work more. Some have just left.

Soon we can forget about it and get the same pay for 16 hours less worker week.  So that's 1 week a month less I'd have to work. Or 3 months less work a year. For the same pay. 

Marvellous. 

2 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

In 50 years I will be 112 (and undoubtedly very senile) - surely I can be retired by then!

Doubtful as you'll be the top 5% of tax payers by then as no one else is actually going to work anymore  Probably have to work till death to cover your "debt" to society. Unless of course your a "friend of the party". 

13 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Perhaps you should become a Labour MP!

I would be senile enough to be in the Lords.  I'm told the benches are more comfortable - and it's easier to doze off.

13 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

Doubtful as you'll be the top 5% of tax payers

By then I will have as much idea what 5% means as Diane Abbott has now.

13 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

Unless of course your a "friend of the party". 

I cannot see myself ever being a 'friend of the party'.  I might be able to go in disguise as Momentum with a long leather coat, steel rimmed glasses, Homberg hat and a limp.

Edited by JohnfromUK

29 minutes ago, B725 said:

Maybe Diane Abbot did the maffs for him and told him it will only cost £30.

jest ye not  boy..............when jizz....  jezz is out of the country as PM.......she will be incharge of the nuclear button..........

10 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

The way Momentum 'police' their party is a bit like the Gestapo - and actually - it isn't a laughing matter.

even the gestapo had morals,.........

Daily Telegraph (24 Sept) pages 6-7 has a photograph of Jeremy Corbyn apparently attempting to steer a basket-case.

Is this a vision of the future?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/09/24/pictures-day-23-september-20191/britains-labour-party-leader-jeremy-corbyn-visits-wwf-stand/

Edited by McSpredder
Link added

27 minutes ago, ditchman said:

jest ye not  boy..............when jizz....  jezz is out of the country as PM.......she will be incharge of the nuclear button..........

even the gestapo had morals,.........

I can just imagine hovering her finger over the button saying eny meany miny mo, 

Perhaps the scariest motion voted on at the conference, that is suggested as looking likely to be adopted as a manifesto pledge, was to extend freedom of movement beyond just that of EU member states; to allow all UK residents a national vote i.e. anybody of any nationality who happens to stay here; to give settled status to all refugees (and the vote) and to remove caps in immigration.

Only slightly behind on the scary scale that was a vote at conference was to implement policy to fix house prices and for mandatory purchase by the state of empty housing, i.e with no permanent residency.

Edited by grrclark