Another Stickleback.

fatchap

I have been working on this one for quite a while now and its far from finished. The scales are C-Tek and a **** to polish, Eventually discovered Autosol does the job very well. It looks a bit scruffy at the moment as it still need the finger guard polished in and the scales need leveling up and it needs a sheath and at some point sharpening and a lanyard tube fitted. Bit sceptical about the blue liners but you can't really see them in the picture but they really stand out against the black and look even if I say so myself pretty cool. So a few more days work and hopefully it will be ready for a home.

20190922-191836.jpg

Edited by fatchap

Well a lot of polishing and tinkering and its pretty much there now still need to make a sheath,

I think I chose well with the blue liners...

20190929-145545.jpg

20190929-145919.jpg

20190929-145711.jpg

I have been told I should have moved the etching slightly further along the blade, maybe next time...

Edited by fatchap

21 minutes ago, fatchap said:

Well a lot of polishing and tinkering and its pretty much there now still need to make a sheath,

I think I chose well with the blue liners...

20190929-145545.jpg

20190929-145919.jpg

20190929-145711.jpg

I have been told I should have moved the etching slightly further along the blade, maybe next time...

Very nice work! Very minor and probably picky comment........But personally, I subscribe to the belief that “less is more”....so I think a smaller motif would look better!

10 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Very nice, a very clean looking knife, I think it would look great with a black leather sheath.:yes:

As to your etched mark, its location and size, I see no problem.:)

Keep up the great work mate.:good:

Thanks for that, I will get round to making a sheath after I've stumped up the enthusiasm to have a clean up in the workshop its funny how making one knife creates so much mess. And you need a spotless work area to make the sheath at the moment I haven't got one.