New Welsh GL from 07/10/19

Gameking

Conservation efforts  now doomed by WJ 'clever clogs' legal challenge effect and anti shooting NRW  (Labour Party policy  on Pheasant shooting on NRW owned land? )  Remember Chris Packham has never been opposed to shooting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss 🤯https://www.nationalgamekeepers.org.uk/articles/new-welsh-general-licences

...and wait for BASC et al to go for JR 😭  ( they could dip into the £8m 'Fighting Fund') but I am not sure they would 'Welcome' doing that ! after all they have been found out by not publishing the legal advice on Firearms Licensing ( not going for JR but preferring the political route by employing 6 new political advisors 🙄)

...............and look at their new 'softening stance'  (read resignation)  on lead shot  🤐 their latest magazine articles  by some of their own employees on how good the new  ELEY steel shot is ( £440 per 1000 as opposed to £240 ish for 32g No 6 lead ) / Shooting Times  and letter to ''The Times' on this.

Edited by Gameking

NRW have shown their true colours with the new general licences.Wildlife in Wales will be the poorer for the granting of these licences with poor protection for threatened species.NRW are a law unto themselves and refuse to take advice from qualified experts.NRW are anti shooting along with the Welsh government.We in Wales have a fight on our hands.All the organisations should get together and if necessary have  be a judicial review of these licences.

Whilst i do not agree with the way it has been done and i certainly don't agree with the sssi/env restrictions, it is long overdue that each licence and the species on it us considered as to it being appropriate.

When have Jays ever been a health concern or a concern to crops? Rooks generally are not nest predators etc

What does need to be pushed for is a game season for all these species so that it is only the closed season to which the licence applies.

Not being able to control pest species for the protection of Game Birds is simply a back door atempt to kill all Game Shooting, Grouse shooting being the first.  Ever heard don't pee down my leg and tell me it is raining.  Rooks on my Game Shoot are all over the animal feed inside and outside and a real nuisance, I totally agree on Jays not being on the Licence but this is simply a direct attack on shooting by an anti organisation. 

15 minutes ago, JRDS said:

Not being able to control pest species for the protection of Game Birds is simply a back door atempt to kill all Game Shooting, Grouse shooting being the first.  Ever heard don't pee down my leg and tell me it is raining.  Rooks on my Game Shoot are all over the animal feed inside and outside and a real nuisance, I totally agree on Jays not being on the Licence but this is simply a direct attack on shooting by an anti organisation. 

It is an attack but instead of the shooting world pre-empting this by getting vermin added to game list so they have an open season (which cannot be revoked willy nilly) and a closed season to which the licence applies, it leaves the position more open to attack.

Each licence being specific as to reason and species and reviewing this on a regular basis, also minimises the chances of it being found 'unlawful' and open to challenge.

Natural Resources Wales will publish three new general licences for the shooting and trapping of pest birds on Monday 7 October 2019. Once these new general licences go live the existing general licences GL001, GL002 and GL004 will no longer be valid. If you intend shooting or trapping pest birds under general licence on or after Monday 7 October it is vital that you have read and understood the new general licences.

Click the link below for more information and to download advance copies of what will be in the new general licences.

https://basc.org.uk/gl/wales/

6 hours ago, captainhastings said:

Just to clarify after oct 1st do I need to do any thing to legally shoot pigeon and wildfowl in wales such as apply for a gl001 ? 

From 7th October onwards you can continue to shoot wood pigeon and feral pigeon under relevant general licences as long as its not inside certain protected areas or within 300m of the boundary of those areas. All the key information and preview copies of the new general licences are available on BASC website here:

There are no changes for shooting wildfowl.

Edited by Conor O'Gorman

4 minutes ago, Conor O'Gorman said:

From 7th October onwards you can continue to shoot wood pigeon and feral pigeon under relevant general licences as long as its not inside certain protected areas or within 300m of the boundary of those areas. All the key information and preview copies of the new general licences are available on BASC website here:

There are no changes for shooting wildfowl.

Thanks Conor 

We cannot just leave it to our organisations to fight this.We need to contact our assembly members and vent our disgust with yet another piece of NRW dictatorship.The same as the ban on pheasant shooting on public land without any evidence, the general licences have been delivered even though all organisations gave evidence.   NRW seems to be a law unto themselves.If we allow them to continue to walk all over us without a murmur then all live shooting in Wales could be lost.Some Welsh wildfowling clubs are being pressured into removing species from their shooting lists after NRW put forward flawed bird counts.We cannot allow them to succeed.

Thanks David.It looks as if the shooting community in Wales must get their act together and contact NRW to issue individual licences  and make a real nuisance of themselves,and let these people in grey suits know they have made a complete mess of the licences.They have attempted to repair something that was'nt brocken.

Looks to me more like BASC and other groups  have thrown Welsh shooters under the bus 😭 no furore like with England GL.

We can and do contact our AM's / MP's etc but where is the BASC £8M fighting fund being used. the social media generation is all about small numbers achieving policy changes ( like wild Justice !!!)

The  6 new political officers are not earning their corn if the political approach is still being pursued -  despite damming evidence that it does not work (like the increasing number of police forces moving away from HOG on licencing, lead shot, medical reports etc etc)

Note the increasingly softer stance on lead over the last 2 months, BASC staff  and council members in ST saying how great it is🤣

I think the £8M is being kept for redundancy payments when it folds due to people voting with their feet like me after 40 years of subs with nothing but ever increasing red tape and restriction which are always detrimental and battles never  won !!!!!!!! (well not even going into battle - surprising that the CEO is ex-military - if you read his first ever ST interview he talked about not being confrontational  !

the writing is on the wall..........................

4 hours ago, Gameking said:

Looks to me more like BASC and other groups  have thrown Welsh shooters under the bus 😭 no furore like with England GL.

We can and do contact our AM's / MP's etc but where is the BASC £8M fighting fund being used. the social media generation is all about small numbers achieving policy changes ( like wild Justice !!!)

The  6 new political officers are not earning their corn if the political approach is still being pursued -  despite damming evidence that it does not work (like the increasing number of police forces moving away from HOG on licencing, lead shot, medical reports etc etc)

Note the increasingly softer stance on lead over the last 2 months, BASC staff  and council members in ST saying how great it is🤣

I think the £8M is being kept for redundancy payments when it folds due to people voting with their feet like me after 40 years of subs with nothing but ever increasing red tape and restriction which are always detrimental and battles never  won !!!!!!!! (well not even going into battle - surprising that the CEO is ex-military - if you read his first ever ST interview he talked about not being confrontational  !

the writing is on the wall..........................

100%:good: