Greta Thunberg

andrewluke

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really applaud young people getting involved in their / our world...........providing they have the intelligence to truly understand what they are talking about....and are able to make numpties like me interested.............i like to be talked "to"......not "at"............if someone has something to say / state and it is well thought out i will listen to them regardless of colour or age.......

but Greta makes me wince....i think she has a screw loose somewhere........someone is pulling her strings im sure........

look out!,i just read this;

Thunberg says she first heard about climate change in 2011, when she was 8 years old, and could not understand why so little was being done about it. Three years later she became depressed and lethargic, stopped talking and eating, and was eventually diagnosed with Asperger syndrome,obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD), and selective mutism. While acknowledging that her diagnosis "has limited me before", she does not view her autism as an illness and has instead called it her "superpower"

Edited by andrewluke

Just now, southeastpete said:

So do you guys not believe in climate change and that we are changing the world forever, for the worse?

Think we can all agree it changes. How much we actually effect it, who knows we've had ice ages, water ages, heat waves. The world itself evovles, the sun changes its habits, but some brainwashed child who is reading from a script... Please, it's almost cult like.. 

Fair enough, can’t change people’s minds once they’re made up...

so what if shes reading from a script? You think anyone who’s ever given a speech at such a high level to such an audience hasn’t read from a script, most likely prepared by someone else? So a lot of the language isn’t usual for her age, but for someone who has looked into it as much as she has I would believe she does understand it. 

Yes there have been ice ages etc before, but I think it’s undeniable the contribution we are having to current changes, when all the scientific evidence is pointing towards it. 

Even though there has been extinction events, and will be again, why should we shrug our shoulders and accelerate toward one..?

5 minutes ago, southeastpete said:

Even though there has been extinction events, and will be again, why should we shrug our shoulders and accelerate toward one..?

So is taxing people to high heaven because the choose to own a diesel car for example going to make one iota of difference? 

Less than 6 months away from the year 2020 and I can't believe people still buy into man climate change. 

Edited by Farmboy91

2 minutes ago, southeastpete said:

Fair enough, can’t change people’s minds once they’re made up...

so what if shes reading from a script? You think anyone who’s ever given a speech at such a high level to such an audience hasn’t read from a script, most likely prepared by someone else? So a lot of the language isn’t usual for her age, but for someone who has looked into it as much as she has I would believe she does understand it. 

Yes there have been ice ages etc before, but I think it’s undeniable the contribution we are having to current changes, when all the scientific evidence is pointing towards it. 

Okay so are you going to turn off your electronic device you just used to post this and never use it again? How about all your lights and heating at home? How many cars does your house hold own? Flown anywhere nice this year for a holiday? Use a computer or any electronic device for work? Eat any processed foods? 

I'd say come back to me once you've dropped all the above, but you'd not be able to... 

Why can’t you believe that we are contributing to the current changes?

and no, I definitely don’t think that taxing diesel etc is the answer. It’s way bigger than that they need to be looking, but will never happen

1 minute ago, ShootingEgg said:

Okay so are you going to turn off your electronic device you just used to post this and never use it again? How about all your lights and heating at home? How many cars does your house hold own? Flown anywhere nice this year for a holiday? Use a computer or any electronic device for work? Eat any processed foods? 

I'd say come back to me once you've dropped all the above, but you'd not be able to... 

Why should I stop all the above? 

1 minute ago, southeastpete said:

Why can’t you believe that we are contributing to the current changes?

and no, I definitely don’t think that taxing diesel etc is the answer. It’s way bigger than that they need to be looking, but will never happen

So from your reading of the science, do you believe our contribution will accelerate us into an ice-age or  a warm period?

Why should I stop all the above? 

Because all of those things are the cause of climate change!. If you chose to believe it, as you've said, we're causing it, that's how to stop humans causing it. But you've just ruined your own argument. By asking why you/we should stop using tech, fuels, air travel, cars.  So if you won't stop, you have no base for your argument. 

1 minute ago, SneakyD said:

So from your reading of the science, do you believe our contribution will accelerate us into an ice-age or  a warm period?

I haven’t a clue, that doesn’t change anything though. I’m not professing to be any kins of scientist, or genius, or look for an argument. But do you not think that the amount of exhaust gases, factory fumes, species we wipe out, land we build on, forests we cut down etc etc in a matter of hundreds of years, when the planet normally changes over 10’s of thousands of years has any impact..?

I haven’t a clue, that doesn’t change anything though. I’m not professing to be any kins of scientist, or genius, or look for an argument. But do you not think that the amount of exhaust gases, factory fumes, species we wipe out, land we build on, forests we cut down etc etc in a matter of hundreds of years, when the planet normally changes over 10’s of thousands of years has any impact..?

If you don't know how it's going to change, why are you so sure it won't be an improvement for you and your area?

9 minutes ago, southeastpete said:

So do you guys not believe in climate change and that we are changing the world forever, for the worse?

The question really is, do you believe the issue has been hijacked by some highly skilled social media manipulators who are blowing this young lady in front of our kid and grandkids daily 24/7 on social media.?

Is it a good and noble cause or is it the hard left testing out their software? If there is another election the social media war targeting the young will be massive.

We old **** haven't got a clue whats really going on. All those kids on the bus in the mornings staring into their phones are like lambs to the slaughter and the loony left have realised it 

3 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Because all of those things are the cause of climate change!. If you chose to believe it, as you've said, we're causing it, that's how to stop humans causing it. But you've just ruined your own argument. By asking why you/we should stop using tech, fuels, air travel, cars.  So if you won't stop, you have no base for your argument. 

No that’s not true. If I say poking a ballon with a pin will pop it, and continue to poke a balloon with a pin, does it not pop..??

Personally I believe we have gone too far as a race, and nothing will change. We are over populated to the tune of billions and no one wants to stop having babies so what’s the point. The vast majority of people just want convenience, plastic, cheap stuff, etc and no amount of extinction revolution numpties supergluing themselves to the road will stop it. 

Personally, we have a borehole for water, log fuel heating and hot water, don’t go on holidays and minimise our wlwctiec usage and am saving for hydro, wind and solar power. I’ve only had one child, and am trying to become largely self sufficient for food, rather than rely on the intensive level of farming that has become ‘necessary’...

3 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

If humans are guilty of aiding/assisting in climate change, it is down to 2 things.

1 - overpopulation 

2 - deforestation

Both of which need to be addressed, whether they are aiding/assisting in climate change or not.

Agree