Greta Thunberg

andrewluke

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She should be turning her "How dare you" comments back at her parents or other adult guides who have clearly written the material for her and coached her on how best to present (their) points of view.  How dare they - I say they should be full of shame for treating her as a commodity to do this.  Why didn't or couldn't they have done this themselves?  I hope the lass doesn't suffer in any way for them having manipulated her like this.  😕

Pushkin:good:

guys please she is a child being manipulated,  do not attack her but help  her to understand the ecology,      known world cycles going back long  before google / laptops to written scribes if going back in history what we see today is nothing new its a natural cycle every few hundred years / volcanic eruptions  three yrs or more to cool the earth down so a more stable climate without extremes (flooding  from 60s we no longer dredge rivers and have silted up cost too much to dredge ) a dragline was the norm on rivers with a  visible spoil mound  till this day up until the 70s (its all about costs dredging on  a barge and 360digger  ,,, rather than a 22rb or a p&h draggling line   health and safety  cant throw a freeline on a brake most be power up /down so cannot throw a bucket so more expensive full stop  so no longer profitable just look at how many 22rb were employed up to the 60 s/70 s in dredging  you will be amazed what  a 60hp diesels did for the environment rather than todays,,,  shouldn't do environmentalist types understand how much was done with so little before them but  ( who don't do anything but talk or protest and don't do anything hands on) for the environment other than cost money through disruption 

On 26/09/2019 at 20:57, Mr_Nobody said:

Interesting and amusing.

Not so sure it’s so much about taxation and power, as it is about recourses running out! What better way to slow the use of fossil fuels and prolong the dependancy on it, than to claim it’s harming the environment? Then insist we should limit the amount used while paying more for it. :hmm: 

Maybe young Miss Thunberg would like to opt into the mars colonisation program? That way she can look forward to a planet unspoiled by global warming, and pollution. Maybe sign the rest of the climate change protestors to the same program! That way they are far enough away that we don’t hear them yelling, and get on with our meat eating, fossil fuel burning, jet set lifestyles :D 

10 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

n million children wanting to clean up the world

2*n million parents wanting them to start with their bedroom

ive been on PW many years now ...and i think that is one of the truest/funniest things i have ever read...............in the past i have gone into my daughters bedroom to "de-frag" it........do any of you know how difficult it is to clean 5 week old baked beans of a plate ...or cornflakes out of a bowl that have been stored under a bed for months........

im sure the cornflakes were welded to the side of the bowl with oxy/acetylene........and the beans had to be removed with a large heavy spear&jackson cooking kniofe...

2 mth old banana skins are very difficult to identify.......

3 minutes ago, ditchman said:

ive been on PW many years now ...and i think that is one of the truest/funniest things i have ever read...............in the past i have gone into my daughters bedroom to "de-frag" it........do any of you know how difficult it is to clean 5 week old baked beans of a plate ...or cornflakes out of a bowl that have been stored under a bed for months........

im sure the cornflakes were welded to the side of the bowl with oxy/acetylene........and the beans had to be removed with a large heavy spear&jackson cooking kniofe...

2 mth old banana skins are very difficult to identify.......

It does say rather a lot in relatively few words; I identify with your experience - I recently extracted from my sons bedroom 27 500ml plastic water bottles with varying amounts of water in them along with a tesco strawberry bowl that had a mould growth that had expanded to such an extent that it pierced the container. The latter resulted in an odour when opening the door first thing in the morning that I can only describe as the stench of a dead animal in the early stages of decomposition - no idea how he slept in there...

Big daughter just moved into student digs for her first year at uni.
Texted me yesterday to say she had a fly infestation in her room....

I advised her to find whatever bowl of 2 week old leftovers , was attracting said infestation and remove it in due course.
Really ? She said, I didnt realise that would happen ...You wouldnt do ,I replied. :whistling:

On ‎03‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 09:30, ditchman said:

2 mth old banana skins are very difficult to identify...….

hell ya      two sons two daughters one of each organised clean and tidy ,  other two after a tidy up under a threat of digs money their  best effort , still looks like a claymore went off ,    I sympathise  I really do  you are not alone