Krieghoff Pro Sporter

Cawdor118

Evening all, 

I have taken a serious liking to the K80 *super sport but i have never tried one. Is there anywhere in the UK you can go and try out one? It would also interest me to try a Parcours just in case it feels better.

I know there are a couple in my area, but i don't know the guys that well. 

Cheers! 

Edited by Cawdor118

Bywell stock a fair few and up in Northumberland. 

To be honest the two guns are so different from eachother it's almost  like comparing Browning to Beretta.

I have handled and shot both, the Prosport is a large lump with a high rib that twangs a bit on firing, well on the one I tried and find most of the high adjustable ribs do no matter the make. It's like a full on trap gun with adjustable point of impact barrels.

The Parcours is more like a sporter same action but non Monte Carlo stock and lighter non adjustable barrels.

As said very different guns with same action, for sporting clays and game I'd choose the Parcours. 

I used to shoot a K80 that was in between the two the titanium sporter. Same barrels as the pro sport without the high rib and same stock as the Parcours. Found it to heavy to throw around after four or five years. 

Shooting them is what will make your mind up, unless one feels awful straight off.

Edited by figgy

7 hours ago, figgy said:

Bywell stock a fair few and up in Northumberland. 

To be honest the two guns are so different from eachother it's almost  like comparing Browning to Beretta.

I have handled and shot both, the Prosport is a large lump with a high rib that twangs a bit on firing, well on the one I tried and find most of the high adjustable ribs do no matter the make. It's like a full on trap gun with adjustable point of impact barrels.

The Parcours is more like a sporter same action but non Monte Carlo stock and lighter non adjustable barrels.

As said very different guns with same action, for sporting clays and game I'd choose the Parcours. 

I used to shoot a K80 that was in between the two the titanium sporter. Same barrels as the pro sport without the high rib and same stock as the Parcours. Found it to heavy to throw around after four or five years. 

Shooting them is what will make your mind up, unless one feels awful straight off.

My apologies, i think i put the american name up. Its the super sport in the UK. I was in Macleods of Tain and he had a pro with the high rib - surprisingly it fit like a glove and i really liked it. 

I was going to go down to Bywell, but i couldn't face the 600 mile round trip at the time. I may just have to bite the bullet. 

I find the parcours really flighty, a couple of friends have them and they are really fast handling guns.  Way too quick for my style of shooting.

As Figgy said the K80 ss v the parcour is chalk and cheese.  Another friend has the super sporter and it handles in a way that is more suited to me, but they are fugly things.

It really is all down to what is right for you and your style of shooting.

17 minutes ago, grrclark said:

I find the parcours really flighty, a couple of friends have them and they are really fast handling guns.  Way too quick for my style of shooting.

As Figgy said the K80 ss v the parcour is chalk and cheese.  Another friend has the super sporter and it handles in a way that is more suited to me, but they are fugly things.

It really is all down to what is right for you and your style of shooting.

I really like them! There is something unconventional about them. 

2 hours ago, Cawdor118 said:

I really like them! There is something unconventional about them. 

You want unconventional, go for a Benelli  828U that is one different gun.

The K80 Super Sport I had was a nice gun, but fast handling it was not.  Hard to jump from gun to gun after shooting one for months come game season. My SXS felt like a toy also my Wildfowling auto to a while to gel with again.

If the K80 is your only gun great, if not it may take a bit to get used to shooting any other guns you may have.

Cawdor the DT10 will shoot as well as the K80.

I used a friend's when I left my forend in the car and decided to start the round at furthest trap and didn't fancy the long walk back. Fantastic gun and we'll balanced. 

Of you got an it h to scratch for a K80 fine life's too short not too. If it's thinking a K80 is a  better gun to shoot, I'm not convinced.

From the limited experience I have of the K80 SuperSport it is incredibly nose heavy, but no more so than a 32” Mk38 Sporterised Trap. 

There may be one for sale locally before long. A local lady has a K80 SuperSport but can’t hit much with it. Last weekend she was lamenting the fact she couldn’t hit rabbits; last time out she was lamenting she couldn’t hit driven! All the gear etc etc. 

I thought it imprudent of me to make her an offer!🙂

Her partner (?) didn’t do much better on the rabbits with his, so unscrewed the choke and I’m assuming shot cylinder for his second card. 

20 hours ago, figgy said:

Cawdor the DT10 will shoot as well as the K80.

I used a friend's when I left my forend in the car and decided to start the round at furthest trap and didn't fancy the long walk back. Fantastic gun and we'll balanced. 

Of you got an it h to scratch for a K80 fine life's too short not too. If it's thinking a K80 is a  better gun to shoot, I'm not convinced.

This is exactly it! its purely an Itch to scratch. I wouldn't bother selling the DT10.