Chokes on ebay

gamekeeper1960

Hi All have just had an interesting conversation with eBay as to why they have the selling of shotgun chokes  only to be told they have been removed as they have deemed them to be dangerous to members and breech they health and safety policy .

Do I think that this is more to do with management having an agenda against shooters maybe as their policy states that a choke is a working part of a firearm. ..

I had something similar with gumtree, I had a wanted add up for old cartridges,  had one the month before and it was fine, ran the 30 days had a few replies etc. 

When I came to post it again it was taken down, I contacted them questioning this, showing them a screen shot of the previous ad, and quite clearly stating in the add that I was buying not selling.

I questioned their field sports policy and got no reply. 

They then  came to me saying they had reviewed it and the add would be put back up by which point I'd had enough and politey told them to stick there website and removed myself from it. 

I know, Im only one in however many millions of users but out of principal I won't use them again. 

Ebay can be extremely funny about taut sort of thing too. 

11 minutes ago, gamekeeper1960 said:

Beggars belief is all I can say...

I use PW and freeads for pretty much everything shooting related now. 

Ive seen listings for air gun parts on ebay titled as 'large part' which usually is a barrel or whatever, this seems to be a way around ebays rules as guns are being sold in peices that way. 

I saw a 10 shot mag tube for a remy 1100 on there the other day. 

5 hours ago, gamekeeper1960 said:

Yeah you can but they aren't aloud to post to uk don't ask !.....

Bought 5 rhino chokes  on american  ebay (check seller will  post to the UK) and they sent over , no probs from  EBAY  all good   apart from customs charging me and  royal mail charging to  tape package up after they opened it for customs