Add on night vision

Rodney1

Has anyone tried this night scope add on? I know the price looks too good to be of any use but you never know. I can't find any reviews of it anywhere except for their own site. I'm only going to be shooting up to 150-200ft max so I know I don't need lots of bells and whistles

Cheers all

Screenshot_20190926-080921.png

Edited by Rodney1

On 26/09/2019 at 09:11, Walker570 said:

I have one very similar and it works fine. Use on a scope with low magnification.  I also have one of Dave G's similar system but a bit less fussy in setting up and that works fine to.

At that price worth having a go and for short range ratting/rabbits,  would work in my view

You don’t get much for £100 (or 105) these days, and with cracking technology like NV I reckon that saying rings true. 

I would be thinking can you throw away £105 or will you with you bought something better and could have put £105 towards it... 

I'm really surprised these add on NV kits haven't moved on a notch - I've found the biggest problem is the screen/eye relief set-up. An easy trick I've used is a camera LCD viewer, They are cheap and come in all sorts of sizes.

Auction site number: 173950017261

or for something a bit more technical:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Monocular-FPV-Micro-Display-320-240-AV-Input-DIY-Night-Vision-Viewfinder/253865198881

With a bit of thought they could make a much neater system.

27 minutes ago, 1066 said:

I'm really surprised these add on NV kits haven't moved on a notch - I've found the biggest problem is the screen/eye relief set-up. An easy trick I've used is a camera LCD viewer, They are cheap and come in all sorts of sizes.

Auction site number: 173950017261

or for something a bit more technical:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Monocular-FPV-Micro-Display-320-240-AV-Input-DIY-Night-Vision-Viewfinder/253865198881

With a bit of thought they could make a much neater system.

They have been tried and found to be not very brilliant.

I have two units one of which is Dave-G's, one I built myself from parts I purchased on here for £60 and both work adequately for me out to 150 -175yrds, in fact Dave's reaches out much further but I keep my shots as close as possible. My ground doesn't require out of county shooting.  One slight hiccup this week, climbed in the high seat and switched on but found the battery pack dead. I had obviously left it accidentally switched on at some stage and flattened it.  It happens:yes:   I don't understand the 'eye relief' bit as both screens on my units are as clear as day if the lens and camera are adjusted correctly, which you only have to do once.  I was concerned at one stage about the back light from the screen but have not noticed animals noticing that so much as looking at the IR which they can see although I have had 'experts' tell me they can't.  I have a friend who has a far more expensive unit than mine but we seem to have equal success.

I think that unit shown has it's built in IR.   I have a Hawke IR torch on my NightFox binos and use this most of the time as it saves on battery power on the Night Fox unit.  I find this night spotter excellent value. OK not as good as the thermals but a big difference in the price at only £110.  Good out to 200 plus yards and has a x2 zoom which is handy when spotting out to 200 to make sure what you are seeing.   

If I could warrant the expense I would go thermal on the spotter as they are very useful but rather spend that money on cartridges.