Cillit Bang and the dirt is gone !

Old Boggy

Perhaps the above should be the title of most hated advert with that over-enthusiastic actor Neil Burgess (AKA Barry Scott) extolling the virtues of that `wonderful` product Cillit Bang.

However, SWMBO has been onto me recently about some black mould developing in our shower. Previously when this happened, I had gone to extreme measure of raking out all the grouting and regrouting the whole shower. A job that took a good few hours and not a particularly favourable past-time.

Anyway, seeing a bottle of `Cillit Bang Black Mould Remover` for sale in one of those cheapy shops for just £1.99, I thought that I`d give it a go with no real expectation of it doing anything useful. Buying it might show that I`m trying and further more it might get her off my back for a few minutes until such time the product proved to be totally useless.

Well, how wrong I was. One sprayed application all over the affected parts of the shower removed all black mould and left the tiles and grouting spotless. 

I take back all the abuse that I have previously shouted at the television and at `Barry Scott`

So I can confirm "Cillit Bang and the dirt is gone" with true conviction and a happy wife :good:

OB

1 hour ago, Old Boggy said:

Perhaps the above should be the title of most hated advert with that over-enthusiastic actor Neil Burgess (AKA Barry Scott) extolling the virtues of that `wonderful` product Cillit Bang.

However, SWMBO has been onto me recently about some black mould developing in our shower. Previously when this happened, I had gone to extreme measure of raking out all the grouting and regrouting the whole shower. A job that took a good few hours and not a particularly favourable past-time.

Anyway, seeing a bottle of `Cillit Bang Black Mould Remover` for sale in one of those cheapy shops for just £1.99, I thought that I`d give it a go with no real expectation of it doing anything useful. Buying it might show that I`m trying and further more it might get her off my back for a few minutes until such time the product proved to be totally useless.

Well, how wrong I was. One sprayed application all over the affected parts of the shower removed all black mould and left the tiles and grouting spotless. 

I take back all the abuse that I have previously shouted at the television and at `Barry Scott`

So I can confirm "Cillit Bang and the dirt is gone" with true conviction and a happy wife :good:

OB

Nice one Barry 👌

Nice when you see all that shiny chrome go black as your wife sprays it all over.  I'm so glad she now prefers the likes of method and other more natural cleaning products.

Got sick of her cleaning stuff ruining the silicon sealant around sinks and baths. 

I did buy a cheap shower cleaner and got a rollicking of her after it was harder to clean off than the soap marks.

This Simoniz Anti-Glare Glass cleaner is absolutely brilliant on grimy upvc...... took 15years worth of hard green grime off my north facing window frames just like that! 

Spray it on, wipe it off with a dishcloth (you’ll need plenty of those! 🤣)

Being a cynical old ***, its not often I’m struck speechless! 😂

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=simoniz+anti-glare+glass+cleaner&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

it’s the clear blue stuff I’m talking about.... first lot were on offer in Wilkos, second lot on Amazon.

fizz

😎

Edited by fizzbangwhallop