Converted Vitara

masmiffy

Mate is upgrading his lamping truck so the 2003 Vitara we have used for the past 3 years is going up for sale.
Purpose conversion for lamping and is as good as it gets for foxing or rabbit shooting.
Photos available if I cant post them here due to size,
Think he mentioned £1000 
Any more info required please ask, vehicle is in Cambs nr Huntingdon

20180106_152227[1].jpg

Edited by masmiffy
price

12 minutes ago, nathan83 said:

I’m interested. But can’t see exactly what’s been done on top. And if it can be put back to standard 

They appear to have created a 360 degree shooting platform through the sunroof.

How well it works , and how stable it is (especially going at speed) is debatable .

28 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

They appear to have created a 360 degree shooting platform through the sunroof.

How well it works , and how stable it is (especially going at speed) is debatable .

That’s what I thought it looked like. I just need a cheap 4x4 as I’ve got a bit of deer permission I need to drive into for extraction so if it’s removable I may well be interested 

51 minutes ago, nathan83 said:

I’m interested. But can’t see exactly what’s been done on top. And if it can be put back to standard 

Cant be put back to standard as the roof has been cut to create access to the 360 deg platform, there was no sunroof!
Has a hatch that can be seen and a sliding cover internally (see pic) for when out shooting, to keep out draughts!
There is also an external gunbox just in front of hatch to store gun when driving over permissions, can see hinges etc in first pic.
Best mobile foxing platform I have ever shot from!
Never had a problem with stability the whole thing is fixed to the roof rails, drives fine at 60 and has been used daily since he converted it more on road than off.

20180106_152253[1].jpg

Edited by masmiffy
add text

I had a heart attack 4 years ago and you guys have made me laugh so much just now I had to use my GTN spray!  
Might look odd to some but you wont find a better motor to shoot foxes from!
Anyhow the 'wings' fold in and are only used when lamping to make the platform wider. (guess they could be used for take off but the truck aint that quick 😉!)

1 hour ago, masmiffy said:

I had a heart attack 4 years ago and you guys have made me laugh so much just now I had to use my GTN spray!  
Might look odd to some but you wont find a better motor to shoot foxes from!
Anyhow the 'wings' fold in and are only used when lamping to make the platform wider. (guess they could be used for take off but the truck aint that quick 😉!)

You have to have a sense of humour here!🙄😎

Some of the lads over in Ireland have done similar to this with a small van, hole to roof to lamp out of, except they just drive around all the country lanes and shoot from the road, it’s all very rural and back country farmers, and over there they consider shooting the pests doing each other a favour so have permission on all the farms easily. 

I asked the lads what the Police / Guard feel about them shooting from the road side ... they said god knows, the van ain’t registered to anyone so the shooting is least of their worries 😂😂