henry d

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, figgy said:

We call them Harold Shipman the auld dear Hunter. Bad taste but funny, when said as you watch a mate chasing a more mature lady, shouting put lights out not her hip out.

I'll share that one with the lads this morning 😆.

Mrs R buys scents/colognes /whatever for me from time to time for birthdays and such.

Anyway, another vote for the black Dunhill. My only beef with it is that the bottle is heavy, so it doesn't travel well on weight-limited flights. Other than that..... 

But apparently the actual aroma that comes off depends  to a large extent on ones natural skin, hormones, etc. So when it comes to colognes  one man's meat can supposedly be another man's poison. Maybe  the best thing might be to try few in the shop - a squirt in a different location on your body - and see which one smells best an hour later. If you have a girlfriend, she could possibly help....

1 hour ago, Retsdon said:

Mrs R buys scents/colognes /whatever for me from time to time for birthdays and such.

Anyway, another vote for the black Dunhill. My only beef with it is that the bottle is heavy, so it doesn't travel well on weight-limited flights. Other than that..... 

But apparently the actual aroma that comes off depends  to a large extent on ones natural skin, hormones, etc. So when it comes to colognes  one man's meat can supposedly be another man's poison. Maybe  the best thing might be to try few in the shop - a squirt in a different location on your body - and see which one smells best an hour later in the comfort of your bedroom or wherever. If you have a girlfriend, she could possibly help you make your choice....

Sorry....

Edited by Retsdon

9 hours ago, Retsdon said:

Maybe  the best thing might be to try few in the shop - a squirt in a different location on your body - and see which one smells best an hour later. If you have a girlfriend, she could possibly help....

I had a girlfriend way back in 79, fortunately she said yes and has been my wife since 81 and after a couple of false starts we selected one we both like the smell of, happy days 😁

Edited by henry d
Typo

19 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

Goodness me, I thought this was a shooting forum not mumsnet. For the record nothing beats a whiff of Castrol R.... from Auntie.🏍️

Better than bistro, as a kid when the souped up two smokes went past spewing Castrol R fumes we were all like bistro kids sniffing the air.

On 03/10/2019 at 21:36, 100milesaway said:

Goodness me, I thought this was a shooting forum not mumsnet. For the record nothing beats a whiff of Castrol R.... from Auntie.🏍️

I'm with you on this one ! I carnt believe a Sweaty Sock asking on a shooting forum about scent to splash round his clock ! and a load of horses hoofs coming up with answers LOL 

a bit of toilet duck on each wrist should do it or some cheap blended whisky