Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Big Al

Lough Neagh - a pair of shoveler and Bear making progress

Recommended Posts

Last weekend's trip. I managed to shoot my first ever shoveler- and get two with one shot.

I'm also well impressed with wee Bear's progress.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great video ,  congratulations on the two shovellers and the big mallard drake 

Your young dog is looking really good and steady.

cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, greenshank1 said:

Great video ,  congratulations on the two shovellers and the big mallard drake 

Your young dog is looking really good and steady.

cheers 

Thanks greenshank. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again another eight minutes or so of my life well spent watching your video's , I have been with you on your water more times than I have on my own , having said that our marshes are still dry and all the livestock will still be on them till the end of Oct .

Your young dog look like he was put on this earth for wild fowling and is doing a excellent job at such an early age .

Good luck and THANKS for sharing .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great spot, lovely shooting and a decent morning out. Definitely worth the effort. 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

Always a pleasure Big AL 👍👍👍👍

Many thanks Gerry.

 

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

Again another eight minutes or so of my life well spent watching your video's , I have been with you on your water more times than I have on my own , having said that our marshes are still dry and all the livestock will still be on them till the end of Oct .

Your young dog look like he was put on this earth for wild fowling and is doing a excellent job at such an early age .

Good luck and THANKS for sharing .

I really appreciate your comments marsh man. They encourage me to keep making the clips - I hope in some way they ease your frustration until you can get out on your own marsh.

I really appreciate the feedback.

44 minutes ago, oowee said:

What a great spot, lovely shooting and a decent morning out. Definitely worth the effort. 🙂

 

Cheers - I am aware that as i shoot the same place a lot during early season the my clips are a bit "samey." Hopefully I'll get to mix it up soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been away and just catching up with your new duck season's progress and as usual, I am impressed.

Very clear videos, good shooting and some excellent dog work, Bear is really doing well, but Ted's long retrieve in the earlier video was spectacular.
Thanks for sharing with us.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cranfield said:

I've been away and just catching up with your new duck season's progress and as usual, I am impressed.

Very clear videos, good shooting and some excellent dog work, Bear is really doing well, but Ted's long retrieve in the earlier video was spectacular.
Thanks for sharing with us.

 

 

Very kind words again Cranfield- much appreciated. 

I am in the throes of joining a coastal fowling club - looking forward to getting back on the mud! Hopefully get to record a new location. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another great film.Allways a pleasure watching your adventures.Bear is coming along well,it's pleasing when a young dog starts to show such promise,he has learnt well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, greylag said:

Another great film.Allways a pleasure watching your adventures.Bear is coming along well,it's pleasing when a young dog starts to show such promise,he has learnt well.

Many thanks greylag.  I was nearly writing Bear off as a pet 9 months ago. Thankfully he looks like he's going to make the grade. 

Thanks for the comment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice one AL 

I'm over in Ireland end of October shooting driven duck in the mountains not far from Londonderry 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JMsTV said:

nice one AL 

I'm over in Ireland end of October shooting driven duck in the mountains not far from Londonderry 

Do you know what the shoot is called?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Big Al said:

Do you know what the shoot is called?

 

It's probably PJ Kelly's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

excellent footage and some nice scenery and shots....dog is coming on great...wagging tail and all so obviously loving the outings...atb...misser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Teal said:

It's probably PJ Kelly's.

Right enough. That's letterkenny direction, isn't it?

2 hours ago, misser said:

excellent footage and some nice scenery and shots....dog is coming on great...wagging tail and all so obviously loving the outings...atb...misser

I think the dogs live for it. They both go daft when they hear the keys in the cabinet. 

Thanks for the comment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, m greeny said:

Cracking vid once again keep up the good work and thanks for sharing

Thanks tree my. Didn't get out last weekend as we were filling pheasant feeders and driving foxes. Looking forward to getting out again on Saturday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/10/2019 at 10:57, Teal said:

It's probably PJ Kelly's.

That's it PJ's ,couldn't think of the name 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...