Free ads scammers

scorchyboy

Hi all I feel I have to warn as many people as I can , I paid for an air rifle on free ads and thought it was all legitimate , but to my bitter disappointment it was a scam, and I am battling between Barclaycard and PayPal hopefully it all works out in my favour, to be fair free ads helped me as much as they could and so did the on line Fraud team just thought I should warn people if it looks too good to be true it probably is unless you meet face to face and see what you are getting hope this helps regards 

29 minutes ago, scorchyboy said:

Hi yes I registered my Barclaycard with PayPal and yes I have posted on Airgun forum as well so hopefully nobody else will be scammed 

paypal rules;

We don’t allow PayPal members to buy or sell any kind of firearm, whether it’s in working order or not. The same goes for certain firearm parts and ammunition.

For example, using PayPal, you can’t buy or sell:

Any firearm, including rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether they’re for sport and recreation, collectibles, or curio or relic firearms.

Firearm parts, including but not limited to receivers and frames, silencers, and kits designed to modify guns so that they fire automatically. High capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators, and camouflaging firearm containers are other items in this category.

Ammunition, including propellants like gunpowder or blank ammunition; ammunition or cartridge cases; and primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for any firearm.

4 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, did i see a post regarding this on the airgun forum ?  

Someone posted on the R7 forum about this, all seemed perfectly legit, then once the money had been sent the seller vanished? They put a link to the bbs but i didn't read it all.

6 hours ago, scorchyboy said:

Hi all I feel I have to warn as many people as I can , I paid for an air rifle on free ads and thought it was all legitimate , but to my bitter disappointment it was a scam, and I am battling between Barclaycard and PayPal hopefully it all works

Name and shame the seller.

4 hours ago, andrewluke said:

paypal rules;

We don’t allow PayPal members to buy or sell any kind of firearm, whether it’s in working order or not. The same goes for certain firearm parts and ammunition.

For example, using PayPal, you can’t buy or sell:

Any firearm, including rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether they’re for sport and recreation, collectibles, or curio or relic firearms.

Firearm parts, including but not limited to receivers and frames, silencers, and kits designed to modify guns so that they fire automatically. High capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators, and camouflaging firearm containers are other items in this category.

Ammunition, including propellants like gunpowder or blank ammunition; ammunition or cartridge cases; and primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for any firearm.

Never knew that. 👍

4 hours ago, scorchyboy said:

Thanks for that so the seller shouldn’t have sold it to me by accepting PayPal as payment so therefore he was in the wrong 

no,you should not have paid by paypal,especially as you did not know recipient

i have and will carry on using paypal for firearms and accessories on this and other forums if i can see that they are trustworthy members

36 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

have and will carry on using paypal for firearms and accessories on this and other forums if i can see that they are trustworthy members

that's the good thing on sites like this, people build up a history, you need to be really careful spending hundreds when you don't know people.

All I can say about the seller was his name was Dan and said he lived in Penzance Cornwall he gave his PayPal address and said he would post it but after a few days and lame excuses I realised it was a scam it was the first and last time I shall ever do that again ,a very expensive lesson as I said Barclaycard and free ads and fraud on line team have been very supportive just waiting for PayPal to decide the outcome