Windy Beans.

muncher

Friday Motty rang as usual and asked if I fancied a go at some stubble Mallard, of course I do. So we met up at the said field jumped in a dyke, put out a spinner and waited. Well it wasn't long before the first ones came in and we missed šŸ˜€. We decided to work them with our calls and get them in close and this worked a treat and we soon had a frantic few minutes, we finished with 15 beautiful Mallard.

IMG-20190928-172401601.jpg
IMG-20190927-193902273.jpg

Saturday morning I had to go and get measured for a suite for my youngest daughter's wedding. When I was done I went home had a bit of dinner and went out looking, Motty was unavailable šŸ˜­. I found a field of bean stubble that had been ripped up,with a few down and a few flighting over. I set up in a low dyke with a very strong wind over my left shoulder so I put the rotary to my left when I shot a couple to put on it. AndĀ  8 shells . Soon had a couple for the rotary, but it was obvious that I needed to moveĀ  further down the field as the fligh line was further down. So I moved the rotary and left the shells. The time was one o'clock. The pigeons just poured over and at 2 o'clock I had 50. I was shooting well in the conditions and I had a fantastic triple with the birds curling back on the wind. The next hour produced another 50. My brother joined me and he went 80 yards down the field from me, he was soon taking some cracking high birds coming back on the wind ,with some 24 gram Evo 7.5 . Still they kept coming, in fact pouring out. About 4.30 my brother ran out of cartridges and we decided to pack up as the sky was looking rather ominous. We picked up 214 for a very memorable afternoon.

Edited by muncher

Some of them Mallard look in excellentĀ condition for September and another first class bag of Pigeons , I am not sure if you could class the bag on the floor as a Norfolk heap as some of them are spread outĀ :yes:.

Today we were Partridge shooting near Norwich and three or four fields that were touching each offer were Bean and Maize stubble , the number of Pigeons on them were runningĀ well into four figures and we are certainly lucky to have good numbers of Pigeons in the county .

P S ..... If you are going to the game dealers in Norfolk tomorrow make sure you are there by 10 . 30am as they now close at 10 . 30 on a Sunday morning .

3 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Some of them Mallard look in excellentĀ condition for September and another first class bag of Pigeons , I am not sure if you could class the bag on the floor as a Norfolk heap as some of them are spread outĀ :yes:.

Today we were Partridge shooting near Norwich and three or four fields that were touching each offer were Bean and Maize stubble , the number of Pigeons on them were runningĀ well into four figures and we are certainly lucky to have good numbers of Pigeons in the county .

P S ..... If you are going to the game dealers in Norfolk tomorrow make sure you are there by 10 . 30am as they now close at 10 . 30 on a Sunday morning .

Cheers I will be there at 9. One very close to me has started to take pigeons again, unfortunately he is unavailable in the morning. Save me a two hour round trip.