Choosing a puppy from a litter

akka

On 01/10/2019 at 16:39, Retsdon said:

Seconded. You don't really know how a dog is going to shape up until you start working with it. Sometimes the ones that were great looking pups turn out to be idiots, and sometimes the ones you least expected to do well can surprise. So choose the one you like for whatever reason and hope for the best.

To quote Alan Turing? - "Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine."

Look to both parents very closely.My lab is a fine friend and a great companion,but when i looked at his parents i chose to ignore what i saw,both their tails between the legs ,and the nervousness .My lab loves the shooting for sure and is not jumpy regarding guns thankfully but it has made training a difficult area due to him being so high strung .I would now advise to look to the parents first as a matter of priority . It may sound daft,but look for the parents being happy dogs first and foremost.

Edited by bishop

1 hour ago, bishop said:

Look to both parents very closely.My lab is a fine friend and a great companion,but when i looked at his parents i chose to ignore what i saw,both their tails between the legs ,and the nervousness .My lab loves the shooting for sure and is not jumpy regarding guns thankfully but it has made training a difficult area due to him being so high strung .I would now advise to look to the parents first as a matter of priority . It may sound daft,but look for the parents being happy dogs first and foremost.

good advice for people getting married ..:good: