First time this season on the ducks

team tractor

We’ve finally got out on our splash today and it didn’t disappoint.

10 duck and 3 Canada geese between 3 of us. I managed 2 left and rights some how and besides a goose and a duck that came in like a rocket . I’m chuffed to bits for 90 minutes shooting 

my mates 12 year old lab retrieved everything amazingly. 

7B20F21E-ED2C-4FE7-9B5D-905E8C4DC356.jpeg

11 minutes ago, JDog said:

Very good sport

I’m still smiling :) 

back in 2 weeks so I hope it’s not peaked

8 minutes ago, muncher said:

There is some meat on them Canada's. Nice flight by the sound of it.

My mates had 2 of them for curry’s as he loves goose . 

Excellent flight today 😊 and not a duck left the pond either. All flying / none landed 

8 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

It looked a bit wet down where I think you where TT.  Not quite over the banks but close.  A nice evenings sport and give that dog a hug from me, deserves an extra one.

My mates dog did amazing nev. I guess the banks will burst a bit more just yet with more rain due. You can see us from the road coming from yours but it’s a little bit deeper than we wanted as we stood in the water.

I used to feed and shoot the spot team Tractor has had such luck on, back in the late 1950's and that valley has always produced good flights of wildfowl. A river runs through a series of flashes and larger 'lakes' due to mining subsidence.  If you can't get a good flight along that valley then the world is ending.   Enjoy it TT because I think there will be 120mph trains rushing through there in the next few years. 

36 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I used to feed and shoot the spot team Tractor has had such luck on, back in the late 1950's and that valley has always produced good flights of wildfowl. A river runs through a series of flashes and larger 'lakes' due to mining subsidence.  If you can't get a good flight along that valley then the world is ending.   Enjoy it TT because I think there will be 120mph trains rushing through there in the next few years. 

I know 😞 that is a worry . It’s straight through the middle . Heard it might be scrapped 

3 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Nice flight m8. I'm out tonight hopefully a decent flight as last week we pushed off 150 only for them not to return only shooting 3 wigeon and 1 mallard.  Been clearing a lot of feed so hopefully better tonight 😁

We put 2 sacs a week in here. It seems to work

18 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

It's weird but they will come. My 1st season on this pond but the other guns keep assuring me when the flight is good its outstanding so I am just having to be patient 🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆🐇

Was this the first time it was shot this season ? , if not when was it last shot ? , and last but not least , did you see any sign of duck and was there any feathers around  edge of the water ?

32 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Was this the first time it was shot this season ? , if not when was it last shot ? , and last but not least , did you see any sign of duck and was there any feathers around  edge of the water ?

Last week we pushed off 150 but they didn't come back. Lots of feed gone with guns watching them flight in during the week, just a strange night. They will be back and I will report back.