amazon duck decoys

captainhastings

Any one bought any of late that they recommend and won't cause a  divorce. For use in flooded fields  

Got my eyes on these they look ok and cheap

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Baoblaze-Floating-Hunting-Lifelike-Mallard/dp/B078SNZTZ4/ref=sr_1_15?dchild=1&keywords=duck+decoy&qid=1569745600&s=gateway&sr=8-15

Edited by captainhastings

My local decathlon don't have any in stock.

Capt Hastings even if they're not the best, there better than nothing and in half light I dont believe what looks better to our eyes does to ducks. I may buy some myself.

You can touch them up with paint and make them stand out more.

Edited by figgy

Nothing wrong with those decoys for the money , Mallard decoys will pull in most of the duck that are on the list , most of my duck shooting is done in very poor light and I don't think that any duck they draw in are that concerned about the colour , like figgy say , you should stand more chance with half a dozen decoys chucked out than not having any out at all .

10 hours ago, m greeny said:

Go on decathlon good cheap deeks on there

+1

Mine doesn't stock the either but you can get them to your local decathlon or delivered. 

They always worked fine for me on evening flights when the shape is key , not the look.

Cheers

Edited by Continental Shooter

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, shakin stevens said:

Anybody use that spinning wings mallard off decathlon? Looks really good value compared to the prices of other spinning wings decoys for sale from other shops .

Have no idea how durable they will be, but i bought a Teal spinner for £8 from them to try. the Mallard less than half what i paid for my spinning wing mallard and that was nearly ten years ago now. Got to be worth a try if the teal spinner works out ok at the price i will be happy.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/rotating-teal-caller-id_8225556.html

Edited by lancer425

• 1 month later...

As Marsh Man says they are ok for the  money, but after a season or two I would get some good GHG or Avery decoys. I bought 10   of the Amazon type decoys for a pound each. and they lasted a couple of years. They are made in 2 halves and many split in the game bag and the eye you moor the decoys with becomes very brittle in very cold weather and a number broke off the decoy.

hello, if you buy online from Decathlon you get charged post cost, if you can go to the store and order the post is free, i have an account and just phone the Oxford store to order and pick up myself, not that i buy a lot of shooting gear, i went in this week and bought some trousers 8367352  and wanted the waterproof cap, not in stock but payed for and they are sending by parcel force 2 day post, have bought pigeon/magpie and crow decoys/ hide stakes/ wellingtons/ shooting clothing and more and always good service, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

• 8 months later...
On 02/09/2020 at 22:51, Simonmealing001 said:

just ordered the decoys of amazon how has people got on with them ?

I'm also going to be looking at getting some of the ones from Decathlon  but will see how i get on with the amazon ones first 

one question what line and weights are you using to tie them down ?

simon

I just used a bit on mono fishing line and a 5oz plain lead but I only shoot splashes so don't need any thing advanced. They seemed to work ok. I have noticed this season they are quite faded but I also topped up with some of these dakota's

IMG_6681.JPG.4f226dbc4a4d46164c62b7e67697d1f1.JPG

On 29/09/2019 at 14:14, figgy said:

My local decathlon don't have any in stock.

Capt Hastings even if they're not the best, there better than nothing and in half light I dont believe what looks better to our eyes does to ducks. I may buy some myself.

You can touch them up with paint and make them stand out more.

Decathlon in this country hardly stock anything of any real use (unlike in France)  however you can order (and for some stuff have it delivered to your local store for free)  Unfortunately they have dropped the free delivery over a certain amount and if anything bulky its expensive .

• 2 months later...