If shooting is banned

islandgun

Serious question, given the country could quickly end up being run by freaks and lunatics [and im not just talking about politicians] and if all guns and shooting were banned, Would the government pay the full value of guns when they are scrapped or nothing..  what happened with handguns ? 

We were compensated in full; not just for the firearms themselves, but for all the paraphernalia which went with the shooting of handguns, such as holsters, magazines, speed loaders, reloading presses, dies etc etc. HO civil servants tried to point out that I wouldn't be compensated for reloading dies, presses etc as I could still use them for carbine shooting. I pointed out that I had no intention of buying or shooting carbines, so was paid in full for everything relevant to reloading. 

thanks Scully

4 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

I think it would largely depend on who was in power at the time, and the financial climate!.....another serious question, what would you do if the government of the day, refused to pay any compensation?

Good point ! and very possible, given the potential huge cost , I guess be very peed off, but put up with it

I don't think it ever would or could be completely banned: various aspects might be limited by various legal devices perhaps. Older folk might remember the rabbit shooting at night laws and the worst case scenario would be the introduction of something similar for all shooting day or night, ie, shooting is limited to vermin control.

45 minutes ago, wymberley said:

I don't think it ever would or could be completely banned: various aspects might be limited by various legal devices perhaps. Older folk might remember the rabbit shooting at night laws and the worst case scenario would be the introduction of something similar for all shooting day or night, ie, shooting is limited to vermin control.

Ah you remember a time when we lived in a country that believed in live and let live, Now we are faced with vegans, wj extinction rebellion etc,etc and all the support they can garner. Whilst politicians will agree with the majority of voters however miss- informed

I can believe that CPS and pest control will be the last to go, but also see some calling for a complete ban on gun ownership because it will obviously cure street crime..😉 

1 hour ago, old'un said:

Don’t think it will be a frontal attack on banning shooting/gun ownership, more a slowly, slowly approach, as is happening with WJ.

Death by a thousand cuts, with many saying is it worth it and selling up.

It`s been death by stealth for many years really ..........

1 hour ago, NoBodyImportant said:

There is not a good way to answer without making people feel uncomfortable.  But a true confiscation is not purchased with money. En9GUDh.jpg

62HDnrX.jpg

I think going by what I've seen on YouTube etc I've a good idea exactly what would happen.  

Thats a nice hidey hole by the way, a big no no over here though 😂

Edited by Farmboy91

1 hour ago, NoBodyImportant said:

There is not a good way to answer without making people feel uncomfortable.  But a true confiscation is not purchased with money. En9GUDh.jpg

62HDnrX.jpg

We don’t have the freedoms you have in the USA; if we hid away any firearms not known to the police, it would make us criminals. 🙂 

7 minutes ago, Scully said:

We don’t have the freedoms you have in the USA; if we hid away any firearms not known to the police, it would make us criminals. 🙂 

Plus the fact that in the UK they know how many guns we have, their description and serial numbers! Any not handed in and ticked off as such, when the storm troopers come to collect them....will undoubtedly lead to severe consequences for the certificate holder!
Another step towards a police state?

1 hour ago, wishy735 said:

Many years ago when the handgun ban was being implemented I was having a shotgun renewal interview. I asked "you collecting lots of handguns then?" Answer "yes but we have had a significant rise in them being stolen, now we have no idea where they are" !!!!!!!!!

Several were stolen by some rozzers who sold them on, no questions asked! You couldn't make it up. 😂

1 hour ago, GingerCat said:

Because it's meant to be hidden, you can't hide something when you've posted a picture of it, in its hidey hole, on the net. 

Is the exiff data on the image as well? 

Doesn’t matter,  there a a dozen more hidden.  There is a whole industry here based on hiding guns.  

3 hours ago, Scully said:

Several were stolen by some rozzers who sold them on, no questions asked! You couldn't make it up. 😂

Well if the government is buying them back then the local gangs will pay twice as much. 

4 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Plus the fact that in the UK they know how many guns we have, their description and serial numbers! Any not handed in and ticked off as such, when the storm troopers come to collect them....will undoubtedly lead to severe consequences for the certificate holder!
Another step towards a police state?

That’s why we fight registration.  When you buy a gun now you pass a background check (nics) unless you have a concealed carry license.   There is zero record of the nics.  Last year there was over 26 million checks.  This doesn’t count people with concealed carry permits, or tell how many where sold as you can buy many guns on one nics check if they are purchased on the same transaction.   Plus here you can legally make your own guns.  You can buy receivers that are 80% complete and finish them yourself. These kits are mail order.  I finished one with a chisel and a hand drill.  

627C1B39-AF3E-4A38-95F5-C5265068EF9F.jpeg