ATA Supersport

Taileron

Picked up a ATA supersport, 30” adjustable a few weeks back and what a great gun it is. After a few “teething issues” actually getting it I was really starting to have doubts about the ATA brand, but this one has had 500 through it so far and I’m hitting clays without issue. It comes with some enormous extended chokes which make it quite barrel heavy, after adding a little weight to the stock the balance is spot on. It swings easily, but is planted and not erratic which I like. The build quality is very good for the price point, it’s not beretta/ browning quality but it’s not beretta/ browning price. The stock is a lovely piece of walnut, it needed a couple of coats of oil but makes my 525 look like a fence post. I don’t really buy into the “ it’s a cheap beretta” thing because having shouldered and fired them back to back they are chalk and cheese. I would honest say it’s the very top end of the cheaper manufacturers and I’m sure they will be raising the prices. 

Points to note for anyone looking to buy one. This is gun No.3 for me, the first one arrived with a massive dent in the rib and a chunk missing from the stock. My RFD contacted SGC who dispatched a replacement which arrived the next day. The second gun double discharged on the first shot. My RFD contacted SGC who were very apologetic and sent out a third, which I’m now using. I have agreed with the RFD that if this one proves to be a lemon then I’m getting a full refund, which will hopefully not be the case.