Benelli supernova

flippermaj

1 hour ago, flippermaj said:

RWS 89   thanks for the info.  Really looking for the camo model as the finish is better for forshore.

Cheers

You could get one dipped or cerekote the action and barrel on a black one.

Have a look online at the pictures of the cerakoted midnight bronze one. Much better than camo.

Edited by figgy

Well time for an update on the SXP.   

Monday night I shot two geese from seperate skeins so single shots each time.  First bird gun seemed fine but when I went to pick the empty up there was a live round on the sand next to it so it looks like I " double pumped it"      Second bird, fired and thought the gun had locked up on me again.  So it was the usual stressed out fowler madly trying to pump a locked mechanism.  I then calmed down a bit and pushed the pump slide fully forward and hey presto with the slide release button pressed in it cycled fine.

So at this point I am thinking that every problem I have had is really down to user error.  In particular I seem to have a problem with magnum carts as they have more recoil and with the assisted pump mechanism it has pumped itself and I haven't even noticed, hence sometimes I pump it again and end up with a live cart on the floor next to the empty.  The problem for me seems more acute when taking overhead shots as opposed to crossers.

Today I had 6 shots at geese without any fault or problem at all so I do think it is all down to me but after two seasons with the gun you would have thought I would have had it sussed by now.!  I never have a problem with pigeon carts!

Cheers