Benelli 828 Sport won't open?

Shadowchaser

I've come to clean my gun this evening after shooting with it this morning. (I popped it back in the cabinet as I didn't have chance to clean it right away).

It's the first time I've used the gun after purchasing it this week. 

I opened it, closed it, removed the forend and the tried to break it to remove the barrels but the top lever won't disengage. 

I put the forend back on but still no luck. I've even put it down and gone back to it thinking it must be me.

It won't budge and I don't want to force it. 

I've signed up to the free 5 year warranty but don't really want or didn't expect the hassle of having to use it (not so soon).

The dealer I bought it from is too far just to pop back to. I could take it my local dealer and see if they can open it. 

What would the good folks of pigeon watch suggest?   

I've just come across this video.

I'm not sure how but I've managed to open the top lever and get the barrels off. 

I've taken the trigger assembly out. The problem I have is that the hammers are in the forward/uncocked position. I can't work out how to re set them. The manual says push them in, but that isn't working. 

Jeez what a complicated gun for an O/U.  

12 hours ago, Shadowchaser said:

I've just come across this video.

I'm not sure how but I've managed to open the top lever and get the barrels off. 

I've taken the trigger assembly out. The problem I have is that the hammers are in the forward/uncocked position. I can't work out how to re set them. The manual says push them in, but that isn't working. 

Jeez what a complicated gun for an O/U.  

Want to swap it for my new beretta SP1 ☺

3 hours ago, figgy said:

I can understand development of actions for quicker lock times and simple mechanics. I just don't understand making things complicated for the sake of it.

I hear you.

Thankfully I appear to have rectified everything with no damage to the gun.

I know the gun has had some bad press since the field version came out but I liked the look of it and the fact you can adjust the cast/drop etc like on a semi auto.

However regarding the locking mechanism they do seem to have created a solution to a problem that didn't exist. 

3 hours ago, WelshAndy said:

Want to swap it for my new beretta SP1 ☺

Yes please! 

How do you like the new SP1? It's had some mixed reviews mainly to do with the engraving. 

• 2 weeks later...