New jimny

hodge911

1 hour ago, Farmboy91 said:

It's not exactly impressive in the moose test. 

Glad we don't have moose. Lots of cars wouldn't pass the moose test, I've never bought a car or not bought a car due to passing or failing the moose test.

I like the look and drive of them, don't like the prices though.

The moose test wouldn't define me buying a car or not but its something to consider, watching some of the examples on YouTube is scary. 

My golf didn't fair to badly, just nice knowing of you had to do a sharp evasive manoeuvre the car can do it. 

Regarding the prices, suzuki aren't daft they know they have a good little motor with a following and are cashing in, looks to be a better investment than the new landy. 

37 minutes ago, figgy said:

Glad we don't have moose. Lots of cars wouldn't pass the moose test, I've never bought a car or not bought a car due to passing or failing the moose test.

Edited by Farmboy91

Farmboy the car may make the move, it's our reaction times that falter. The drivers on the moose test are ready for it. 

Granted the test shows good evasive handling.

Nice to see it didn't roll over, just took the first cone out. Moose for supper anyone.

Edited by figgy

14 minutes ago, figgy said:

Farmboy the car may make the move, it's our reaction times that falter. The drivers on the moose test are ready for it. 

Nice to see it didn't roll over, just took the first cone out. Moose for supper anyone.

If i could shoot aswell as I can drive I'd give George Digweed as run for he's money 😂 ( ready for the willy waving comments) 

I know what your saying though, I did watch one with a silly Nissan small suv, it went up on two wheels and how the bloke got it back was a miracle. 

I bet the second hand market is going to be strong on them for a long time. 

Edited by Farmboy91

I test drove one the other week along with the new Vitara, the Jimny was nice until you got over 40 then it was a bit flat. Nice little vehicle to potter about in.

The new vitara was ****, and on top of that, despite the new engine only being a year old, they have stopped making them and next year they are all going to be hybrid engines, so what's your chances of getting parts or spares for an engine that was discontinued after a year? Didn't inspire me to buy one. 

27 minutes ago, figgy said:

Certainly moose for supper, some fine eating there  and the liver is particularly good eating.  Regarding the actual moose test, litle point in swerving as the dumb animals will probably walk right over your car anyway....seen it happen, not a pretty sight...the small Nissan car after contact.. the moose just trotted off into the pine trees, apparently un hurt.

The new motor does lokk the business. Have to see one in the flesh yet. Price is a bit crazy.

My dad bought one, he loves it. My wife comments as soon as he gets out of my mams car withing minutes he goes out in his Jimny. Think he just likes going for a drive in it. They both have very nice cars and the Jimny was a runabout to take into town etc. Seems to have become his favourite.

2 hours ago, figgy said:

I've got a RAV4 on order which "fails" the moose test. If one jumps out in front of me do I

1.Swerve and risk rolling it.

2.Hit it head on and risk it joining me in the cabin.

3.Rapidly change my views on rewilding and hope a wolf takes it down first.

I saw a Jimny on Sunday and loved it.

8 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

Moose jokes aside, I know someone who hit a cow on the a12 in fog in a vivaro and went straight over the top of it. Wrote the van off and gave him back problems for life. Freak accidents do happen. 

Even black ice has changed my life. 8 years ago I was driving carefully at 30 mph  and as soon as I hit the ice the van sped up to at least 50mph before coming to a stop in the field. My necks never been the same since .

23D4BE99-918E-4E24-A747-F1531BDE6D1A.png

3 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I wish we could get them in the states.  I think the look like old school jeep Cherokees.  67951d1317136398t-1998-2-door-cherokee-r

I'm a big fan of these too, think the look the dogs. 

1 hour ago, team tractor said:

Even black ice has changed my life. 8 years ago I was driving carefully at 30 mph  and as soon as I hit the ice the van sped up to at least 50mph before coming to a stop in the field. My necks never been the same since .

23D4BE99-918E-4E24-A747-F1531BDE6D1A.png

Jesus, whenever I've seen a car on its roof/side I've thought how scary it must be when they roll. I know from experience when some body parts are damaged their nevers quite right afterwards. 

10 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

I'm a big fan of these too, think the look the dogs. 

Jesus, whenever I've seen a car on its roof/side I've thought how scary it must be when they roll. I know from experience when some body parts are damaged their nevers quite right afterwards. 

I also damaged my  rotar cuff and broke 3 ribs. 

Nightmares for years , it really did scare me to the point that I couldn’t watch crashes on tv where cars rolled without curling up in a ball. It’s horrible as you know it’s coming and you can’t prevent it

1 hour ago, team tractor said:

I also damaged my  rotar cuff and broke 3 ribs. 

Nightmares for years , it really did scare me to the point that I couldn’t watch crashes on tv where cars rolled without curling up in a ball. It’s horrible as you know it’s coming and you can’t prevent it

Ive currently got a fractured sternum which won't heal so I feel your pain. I was involved in an accident at work earlier this year which caused it, got hit by an 11 ton forklift, had I been knocked a foot the other way I'd have gone underneath it instead. 

Near misses like this certainly make you take a step back. 

2 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

Ive currently got a fractured sternum which won't heal so I feel your pain. I was involved in an accident at work earlier this year which caused it, got hit by an 11 ton forklift, had I been knocked a foot the other way I'd have gone underneath it instead. 

Near misses like this certainly make you take a step back. 

I’ve broken mine twice lol. Tripped into the corner of a skip and flipped a trials bike landing on my back so I know what your going through. It hurts . Your lucky to be alive so thank god for that :) 

I'm still waiting on another appointment but the last talk was of putting a titaium plate in, the missus has already made iron man jokes haha. 

Theres been some rough days but I'm just grateful I still get to come home to my little lad. 

Is there nothing more they can do for you? 

8 minutes ago, team tractor said:

I’ve broken mine twice lol. Tripped into the corner of a skip and flipped a trials bike landing on my back so I know what your going through. It hurts . Your lucky to be alive so thank god for that  

10 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

I'm still waiting on another appointment but the last talk was of putting a titaium plate in, the missus has already made iron man jokes haha. 

Theres been some rough days but I'm just grateful I still get to come home to my little lad. 

Is there nothing more they can do for you? 

I healed after 6 months both times. I tripped running and just hit the corner of the skip. 

3 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

I'm 5 months in but went back to a work for a month before I knew it was actually fractured, have they got any plans to sort your neck? 

Chiropractor for my neck. I get migraines a lot but since damaging my neck I’ve realised how many people are terrible for posture . I look around a lot now. 

Ive got a pulse so all is good really .

45 minutes ago, team tractor said:

Chiropractor for my neck. I get migraines a lot but since damaging my neck I’ve realised how many people are terrible for posture . I look around a lot now. 

Ive got a pulse so all is good really .

Above ground and breathing 👍

Atleast we're partially on the mend lol 

On 01/10/2019 at 21:49, Dibble said:

I've got a RAV4 on order which "fails" the moose test. If one jumps out in front of me do I

1.Swerve and risk rolling it.

2.Hit it head on and risk it joining me in the cabin.

3.Rapidly change my views on rewilding and hope a wolf takes it down first.

I saw a Jimny on Sunday and loved it.

Took delivery of my new 69 plate RAV 4 a couple of weeks ago. It's the Hybrid model. Best car of bought to date. Although if you go for an overtake, the engine kicks in as well as the NiMh batteries, and the engine sounds ****! Really revvy, and sounds like the clutch is going. But bar the, i love it. Reasonably high spec, and still not used to all the toys!! 😀

Edited by jam1e