New jimny

hodge911

2 hours ago, jam1e said:

Took delivery of my new 69 plate RAV 4 a couple of weeks ago. It's the Hybrid model. Best car of bought to date. Although if you go for an overtake, the engine kicks in as well as the NiMh batteries, and the engine sounds ****! Really revvy, and sounds like the clutch is going. But bar the, i love it. Reasonably high spec, and still not used to all the toys!! 😀

With all this wet weather the fields will be nice and muddy for you to give it a real test.

19 hours ago, Dibble said:

I don't think RAV4s can do much off road, I just don't want it to ground out on the way down to the clay ground.

I understand what you mean Dibble and to a point i agree. I use my 05 Nissan Xtrail for shooting. I use road tyres in our so called summer months. And very off road biased tyres in the autumn and winter. Which cope very well to be fair.... And i won't be using the RAV4 for shooting unless it is summertime, or it's a very dry spell! ☺️

It's mainly "almost" about tyres in my experience. Not that full locking diffs isn't a HUGE bonus over just tyres!!.... 

But my Xtrail and it's very off-road bias tyres have never got me stuck. As yet.........

6 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

That’s weird, I figured you had them there since you had 4 doors.  

Not as far as i know, they certainly wont big sellers if they ever were,  but four doors quite popular here.

I know the XJs in the USA had the 2060 cc renault diesel in them were as we got the bigger VM turbo diesel, no idea what they had in petrol engines.