Anyone feel the cold during Winter?

bruno22rf

Plug the jackets connectorter in and press the power bank on button once. Press the switch on the jacket and hold till it lights up - should be red -  press again for next power level down and again for economy setting. Press the jacker button for at least 2 seconds and the jacket will switch off - then press your power bank switch twice in quick succession to turn it off. If the power bank turns on automatically  when you first plug the connector in just turn it off then on again.Wore mine yesterday under my £6 Aldi waterproof - was lashing it down but I was toasty.

Edited by bruno22rf

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 02/10/2019 at 17:46, oowee said:

I had a close run thing with a solid fuel hand warmer. It was -10 in Feb and i was fully cloathed (including boots) and half soaked, in a sleeping bag. I had the top draw string pulled and a LMG one side of me and pockets full of ammo. The hand warmer was open whilst i blew on the hot charcoal to get some extra warmth. Unfortunately I blew too hard and the hot embers went up into the air inside the bag and started to melt the bag whilst burning my face and arms. I tried to make a quick exit but could not undo the draw cord and went into some sort of fighting frenzy ripping at the cord. I have suffered with claustrophobia ever since.  

Mate, that’s similar to what happened to me but without the fire. I was in a NATO artic sleeping bag in one of the lovely “stans” in the middle of the winter. I was flat out in a 12x12 on a cot bed when my oppo sneaked into the tent to have a jolly jape. He had found a dead camel spider in the bondu and whilst I was sleeping gently placed it onto my face. The thing was massive and covered most of my face, he then sneaked outside giggling like a school boy with the other lads. They started banging bin lids which woke me up, I absolutely lost my S##t, totally freaked out and started flailing around like a lunatic. The massive spider dropped off my face into the sleeping bag, which sent me into a higher state of panic. Needless to say revenge was swift and severe.

17 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Plug the jackets connectorter in and press the power bank on button once. Press the switch on the jacket and hold till it lights up - should be red -  press again for next power level down and again for economy setting. Press the jacker button for at least 2 seconds and the jacket will switch off - then press your power bank switch twice in quick succession to turn it off. If the power bank turns on automatically  when you first plug the connector in just turn it off then on again.Wore mine yesterday under my £6 Aldi waterproof - was lashing it down but I was toasty.

Cheers ,sorted :good:

if it drops below zero I tend to put on another Tee shirt !   but joking apart  I do find wearing good wool socks and underwear help, also the best gloves iv'e found are industrial work wear type  having used macwets, sealskins,  neoprene ,I had some silk lined leather with a fold over trigger finger that fastened back with velcro that weren't to bad but where no good when wet and made me nose sore if I wipe it with the velcro bit  .  atb DD 

1 hour ago, derbyduck said:

if it drops below zero I tend to put on another Tee shirt !   but joking apart  I do find wearing good wool socks and underwear help, also the best gloves iv'e found are industrial work wear type  having used macwets, sealskins,  neoprene ,I had some silk lined leather with a fold over trigger finger that fastened back with velcro that weren't to bad but where no good when wet and made me nose sore if I wipe it with the velcro bit  .  atb DD 

These will keep your extremities warm, 100% wool. :whistling:

wool underpants.jpg

4 hours ago, old'un said:

These will keep your extremities warm, 100% wool. :whistling:

wool underpants.jpg

Na that's acrylic and its not long enough and the diameter's  too small, plus the colour sxxxe and it's made for them leek eating little chaps from wales  LOL

he's got no gonads !

Edited by derbyduck
error

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...