Just over a year ago the company I was delivering for went into liquidation. 

I needed to get some gainful employment. For the first time in over twenty years I was on the job market. 

It was Vince from this very forum that suggested I try applying to Bisley to be a Butt Marker. By then, it was the end of the season, and I had to wait until just before the next season, to attend a 'course' on target marking. I couldn't start work in the Butts until I had done the training. 

After a cancelled course (bad weather?!!) I did complete the course and have been marking now for only six months. It seems a lot longer though, in a good way! :)

I love my job, but that love doesn't extend to everybody I work with. Some of the younger markers are hugely trying. From constantly staring at their phones, to not even knowing how to operate a simple two way radio, I wonder how they get home at night...

Any questions?

Edited by Private Marker
add tags

Why thank you! I have a couple of booked days next week, and still work for the NRA, but their work is going quiet. I suppose it's the end of the season now.

I have heard of other markers working when there's snow on the ground, but I will know more when I have seen the winter out!

If anybody needs a private marker, please get in touch!

Markers get a bad rap but the ranges don’t work with out them and the electronics aren’t perfect either.  

Personally thank you for your hard work, I probably use more nra markers than most and we couldn’t deliver what we do with out you.  If your on Century end of next week chances are it’s my booking listen out I may need a message 15 😜