Air Fective Tuning

bruno22rf

Absolutely shameless advert for these guys - I have no connection with them (wish I did) but after watching Liam strip and repair my Wildcat before my very own eyes I am  literally gobsmacked at the level of workmanship and attention to detail given to parts of my rifle that I didn't even know existed. Hands up I had made my FX Wildcat poorly with fiddling but Liam simply dismantled/rebuilt her without even a break in conversation and returned her to me with many new parts and smoother than before including an energy level print out to dream of - all for a price that I am too embarrassed to  admit incase they have made a mistake and come chasing me for the extra. If you have a PCP, or indeed any type of Air Rifle, that needs attention then do yourselves a huge favour and take it to these guys cos if we ever lose them, for whatever reason, it's going to be a massive loss to the Airgun community.

54 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

for a price that I am too embarrassed to  admit incase they have made a mistake and come chasing me for the extra.

They normally charge more, but they've heard how err careful you are with your pennies and didn't want to upset you 😄😄

sounds like great service.

Had two guns tuned by them and attention to detail is something else  .

iI heard good and bad about them , mostly good I must say and that’s why I decided to make the trip up to them . Both talked to me telling me exactly what and why they are doing  these alterations to my guns 

TBH Mice - once Stu and I have decided exactly what colour Tank Tops to wear together I was going to offer you the chance to be just like us - you've gone and blown it now - so the Tank Top Twins it shall remain.......your loss, I only hope you come to realise how close you became to being a fashion Icon. 

2 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

TBH Mice - once Stu and I have decided exactly what colour Tank Tops to wear together I was going to offer you the chance to be just like us - you've gone and blown it now - so the Tank Top Twins it shall remain.......your loss, I only hope you come to realise how close you became to being a fashion Icon. 

O that's made me giggle, just been head down butt up finishing setting a job, when you think the thread gauge should be going in, so you keep lifting it 0.05 at a time, and i know you know what i mean, 0.275 later and everything fits like a glove.

Have you got the pellet issue sorted yet?

Mice - she was launching Superdomes rather impressively but they took some persuading into the breach - Air Fective noticed that the indent that locates the barrel was damaged and could be allowing te barrel to move under force - they replaced it in seconds but I am reluctant to use SD's again just in case. She's back on a diet of FTT at the moment and seems a very happy Cat indeed but I'm pretty sure that over penetration is going to be worse now that she is spitting them out so close to the limit - it's a case of hearing the pellet strike the second that you feel the sear trip. Was getting acceptable groups with the Hunter Extremes but the new Hades look promising when the smaller calibre is available.

Used to love thread cutting - so easy on a CNC ( G76?) and found taper threads ( R- ?) the most interesting - annoying sometimes to think that all your precision work is then fitted by a 20 stone monkey using a heavy pipe wrench.

Edited by bruno22rf

18 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Mice - she was launching Superdomes rather impressively but they took some persuading into the breach - Air Fective noticed that the indent that locates the barrel was damaged and could be allowing te barrel to move under force - they replaced it in seconds but I am reluctant to use SD's again just in case. She's back on a diet of FTT at the moment and seems a very happy Cat indeed but I'm pretty sure that over penetration is going to be worse now that she is spitting them out so close to the limit - it's a case of hearing the pellet strike the second that you feel the sear trip. Was getting acceptable groups with the Hunter Extremes but the new Hades look promising when the smaller calibre is available.

Used to love thread cutting - so easy on a CNC ( G76?) and found taper threads ( R- ?) the most interesting - annoying sometimes to think that all your precision work is then fitted by a 20 stone monkey using a heavy pipe wrench.

lets hope she keeps purring for you.

Your right on G76 at least for fanuc, with the R value for taper, strange thing being it's a minus value for plus?

And the twenty stone fitter sums it up perfectly 😂😂 

I'd typed this this morning but ran out of data 😭