Shooting buddy required.

Not sure if anyone has the same problem but shooting alone leaves me lacking in motivation sometimes.

Sooo I've been neglecting my shooting duties and so to remedy this and provide some incentive I've decided to reach out and see if anyone would like to come out shooting, initially some decoying for pigeons, crows, magpies etc but then maybe some rifle shooting once I've gotten to know you and you've gotten to know my land during daylight hours. There is about 3000 acres in the Dover area. If anyone is interested post away and looking initially at Saturday or Sundays.

On 02/10/2019 at 22:00, CZ550Kevlar said:

Not sure if anyone has the same problem but shooting alone leaves me lacking in motivation sometimes.

Sooo I've been neglecting my shooting duties and so to remedy this and provide some incentive I've decided to reach out and see if anyone would like to come out shooting, initially some decoying for pigeons, crows, magpies etc but then maybe some rifle shooting once I've gotten to know you and you've gotten to know my land during daylight hours. There is about 3000 acres in the Dover area. If anyone is interested post away and looking initially at Saturday or Sundays.

Serious good offer.   If i was down there id be contacting you for sure,  even though i have my own permissions, always good to meet some one and do a swap between the two to keep it fresh and new.  An know what it like to be out alone allot.  

Hope you fine some one decent and reliable. 

• 3 weeks later...

Finding a permission is 50% luck and 50% determination, as for finding a decent fair minded person to shoot with you will be lucky to find one, When I started again after a long lay off I was lucky and found some good shoot perms, feeling I needed a shoot buddy I asked on here, I had 3 or 4 replies, 2 I took out on 2 occasions and the other 2 I never heard from them again, the 2 that went out with me never returned the favour and also were never heard from again, 

Now I have several thousand acres of decent shooting and still shoot alone, at nearly 72 my biggest concern is if I should fall or be taken ill it would be some time before anyone would find me, I have considered giving up and going back to my fishing as the wife loves a day out and a bit of fishing, but she draws the line at vermin bashing. 

My mate marsh man shoots with me when he can but like me hes knocking on a bit and we are both so busy with other things its difficult to find time when we can both shoot at the same time, So far I have taught 4 people to shoot clay's and 2 of them took up pigeon bashing as well but don't live close enough to spend much time with, one is a tractor driver on a huge Lincolnshire farm with plenty of birds, he keeps asking me to go over but hes 2 hours drive away.  

Anyway good luck finding a shoot buddy, hope it works out.:good:

Edited by lakeside1000

56 minutes ago, JDog said:

I never expect anyone I take out to return the favour. That's not why I do it.

Nowadays I much prefer to be out with others. For one thing I like a good laugh.

You don’t have to go out or mix with other people for a laugh, just a look in the mirror should do it.

Sorry JDog but I could not resist.

On 22/10/2019 at 17:26, JDog said:

I never expect anyone I take out to return the favour. That's not why I do it.

Nowadays I much prefer to be out with others. For one thing I like a good laugh.

Of course your right JDog, I don't really take people out to get something in return, just like I don't charge anyone for shooting lessons or help with pigeon decoying, I really like helping others , its just annoying when some people make promises never intending to honour them, 

Its a strange thing with shooting, particularly killing anything, finding anyone with a like mind who has time to share your interests is very difficult, I have good friends who fish, go boating and so on but none of them relish the idea of watching things die, and you at least need to like the person your shooting with otherwise its anything but a laugh.

• 3 weeks later...