New (to me) way of cooking partridge breasts.

Walker570

Shot at Wappenshall, with Wrekin Sporting on Tuesday and the weather was atrocious but the welcome and hospitality superb and we managed to shoot 91 as the rain battered us most of the day.

On leaving we were given some ready prepared partridge breasts all nicely packaged and on getting home I said lets try just frying those in the skillet.  Rubbed up some bread crumbs and put those under the grill till nice and golden brown, then dipped the breast meats in beaten egg and having added some Tony C's Cajun seasoning to the breadcrumbs, roled the meat about and got a good coating of crumbs. Straight in the hot skillet and flipped a few times until the meat was cooked and the crumb coating was now a deep golden brown.  For our lunch on the shoot we went to a small pub and they served an excellent lunch. The potatoes with the excellent steak pie, were cut in one inch squares and roasted or fried. We did some in a light coating of beef dripping in a hot oven and they where pretty good but not really crisp but still well eatable along with some peas as a veg.   I'm pretty certain that some of you may have done similar with partridge but if not then give this idea a try.

There was very little to wash up as the plates where licked clean.:yes: