Northumberland bargain still not filled.....

1 hour ago, salop sniper said:

I would agree that the price seems fair.

I think we have to accept though that there are a lot of people out there that say a lot and do little ! 

For example:

We have a Little DIY syndicate where its £400 to join first year and £300 year after that. We put down 200-250 birds and shoot once a fortnight with great returns but also have wild duck, WoodCock and Snipe in our bags. We have two beaters also. Being a member gives shooting over the land all year around and members regularly fill their trailers with firewood too and one guy occasionally has crayfish from the stream also. But despite advertising on FB and in the local paper we haven't had anyone come forward to fill a vacant post. :no:

So I have come to the solution that talk is very cheap.

Good luck in getting some guns to attend though :good:

I’ve been in a similar situation. Lots of people want (and expect) shooting for free, you see the adverts on here all the time in the wanted section. 

1 hour ago, salop sniper said:

I think we have to accept though that there are a lot of people out there that say a lot and do little ! 

For example:

We have a Little DIY syndicate where its £400 to join first year and £300 year after that. We put down 200-250 birds and shoot once a fortnight with great returns but also have wild duck, WoodCock and Snipe in our bags. We have two beaters also. Being a member gives shooting over the land all year around and members regularly fill their trailers with firewood too and one guy occasionally has crayfish from the stream also. But despite advertising on FB and in the local paper we haven't had anyone come forward to fill a vacant post. :no:

hello, WOW i just cannot believe that, you can pay for more for a days shooting on some of these expensive shoots, i hope you find a new member, as the TV ad goes hes one lucky guy, cheers

19 hours ago, salop sniper said:

For example:

We have a Little DIY syndicate where its £400 to join first year and £300 year after that. We put down 200-250 birds and shoot once a fortnight with great returns but also have wild duck, WoodCock and Snipe in our bags. We have two beaters also. Being a member gives shooting over the land all year around and members regularly fill their trailers with firewood too and one guy occasionally has crayfish from the stream also. But despite advertising on FB and in the local paper we haven't had anyone come forward to fill a vacant post. 

I wish I still lived in diss,ide of snatched your hands off

On 19/06/2019 at 17:46, salop sniper said:

For example:

We have a Little DIY syndicate where its £400 to join first year and £300 year after that. We put down 200-250 birds and shoot once a fortnight with great returns but also have wild duck, WoodCock and Snipe in our bags. We have two beaters also. Being a member gives shooting over the land all year around and members regularly fill their trailers with firewood too and one guy occasionally has crayfish from the stream also. But despite advertising on FB and in the local paper we haven't had anyone come forward to fill a vacant post. 

Is that rough / walked up Shooting? 

What kind of bags do you get? 

Ive just joined a small driven syndicate for this coming season, bit more expensive but should be good crack and only 10 mins from home. 

I would love though to have a regular rough shoot where I could just shoot over my own dog :) 

Lloyd,

We are a rough shoot but release 200 birds from a pen. We dont have any big shoots near by and last years figures are:

117 Pheasant, 9 Mallard, 8 Woodcock & 2 Snipe - Plus squirrels corvids and pigeon . This is picked birds on occasion when we have been light on dogs we may have lost a bird or two in the season. Also not a year with the birds we had so we have changed supplier this year.

Season before was 142 Pheasant plus other species, again putting 200 birds down.

We on guys son comes to beat and another`s grandson so we have two beaters and we have people as walking back guns too so semi-driven if that is a correct term / description.

This season we also have a white hen , 6 black hens and 6 black males in the mix of birds.

Our members are also able to shoot over the ground all year for decoying and roost shooting and shotgun pest control (Squirrels).

ATB

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 19/06/2019 at 17:46, salop sniper said:

For example:

Wish you both where a little closer to me.  I'd certainly be interested. Especially when ill have a dog ready for next yer.   

I'm really sup priced you struggling. id be more interested in this over a big commercial day any day of the week,  

Markm 

Your price is great I can't understand why you have no takers.

I'm too far away to make it worth my while, that maybe the problem and not the price. With so few birds unless it's on your doorstep it's not worth the travel. 

Hope you do get takers.

• 2 months later...

Hi Mark,

I live in Blyth and am very interested in this. I don’t have a dog and am new to the sport, but if their is availability I am definitely up for it.

Please PM if you see this, and I am looking for something for the 2020 season.

Thanks

Dan

7 minutes ago, Dcd87 said:

Hi Mark,

I live in Blyth and am very interested in this. I don’t have a dog and am new to the sport, but if their is availability I am definitely up for it.

Please PM if you see this, and I am looking for something for the 2020 season.

Thanks

Dan

Welcome, I'm also from Blyth. If mark doesn't have any availability on his little shoot I'm sure you'll find something elsewhere. Northumberland is full of little friendly shoots.

11 minutes ago, toontastic said:

Welcome, I'm also from Blyth. If mark doesn't have any availability on his little shoot I'm sure you'll find something elsewhere. Northumberland is full of little friendly shoots.

Thanks Toontastic. I have been doing some beating down news Stanley, but looking for something a bit closer to home.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...