Sign in to follow this  
dogger

leg biting

my 5 month old terrier wont stop biting  my 7 year old spaniels legs,tail and anything else she can grab?the spaniel is such a canny dog that she takes it then when it gets too much retreats to her box is there any way I can stop this apart from the obvious?

Squirt the terrier or throw a rattle bottle at it and shout NO,have no more reaction than that.

20 hours ago, vampire said:

Squirt the terrier or throw a rattle bottle at it and shout NO,have no more reaction than that.

But what about when left alone? 

21 hours ago, vampire said:

+1 

This can only be done of course when they are together with either owner's. I don't think it would take long to get the message across.  We have used this method to stop un-necessary barking,winging and aggressive behaviours towards other dogs. 

they are kennelled apart, its when there out I have the problem its more than just play biting I will give the rattle bottle a go see how that goes:good: