Some seriously dumb people about

Walker570

Just read where an elderly gentleman in Florida had someone bang on his rear door after dark, 11pm. He was alone and was not expecting anyone. He approached the back door and opened it. A young man then leapt from the bushes by the door making a growling sound and was instantly shot through the heart.  It turned out it was his son in law who had flown from Norway to surprise the old guy on his birthday........ now honestly would you do that in America ?????    I certainly would not.    No charges will be brought but that old guy now has to live with that for the rest of his life.... a life sentence just due to some paper hat not engaging brain.

Its what happens in a society gripped by fear of other people .most of the mistakes were made by the son in law 1..Didnt call ahead to let him know .

2..Knocked on the door at a very late hour .

3.. didnt respond when the old fella called out "who is there"

4.. jumped out of a bush .

5..Growling 

And he paid for his mistakes  

Then again if he had done exactly the same in the uk .he wouldnt have been shot . (But the uk isnt gripped by fear as much as the usa.) 

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

that happens every week around here when the johovah witnesses and the 7th day adventists....come to cantley to convert people...

Had the JW`s knock the other day, invited them in, sat them down and then asked :- 

"Now what is it you want to talk about ?"

" Well, err not really sure, we`ve never got this far before"  was their reply :whistling:

7 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Just read where an elderly gentleman in Florida had someone bang on his rear door after dark, 11pm. He was alone and was not expecting anyone. He approached the back door and opened it. A young man then leapt from the bushes by the door making a growling sound and was instantly shot through the heart.  It turned out it was his son in law who had flown from Norway to surprise the old guy on his birthday........ now honestly would you do that in America ?????    I certainly would not.    No charges will be brought but that old guy now has to live with that for the rest of his life.... a life sentence just due to some paper hat not engaging brain.

I thought you were talking about the over six hundred idiots in the house of commons

8 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Its what happens in a society gripped by fear of other people .most of the mistakes were made by the son in law 1..Didnt call ahead to let him know .

2..Knocked on the door at a very late hour .

3.. didnt respond when the old fella called out "who is there"

4.. jumped out of a bush .

5..Growling 

And he paid for his mistakes  

Then again if he had done exactly the same in the uk .he wouldnt have been shot . (But the uk isnt gripped by fear as much as the usa.) 

👍  That's about the size of it, what a tragic waste of several lives and what a sick society. 

11 minutes ago, Hamster said:

👍  That's about the size of it, what a tragic waste of several lives and what a sick society. 

Maybe not, but every week it seems I read of elderly people being attacked in their homes and in some cases killed.  In the USA you know full well not to go banging around outside peoples homes uninvited. which this idiot was, although his son in law.  Spent a bit of time over there and yes you could say they are paranoid, but even 35yrs ago my friend in Houston indicated places where I should not go and it could only have got worse.  In 1985 he insisted I carry a handgun when I was alone on his ranch. The Border Guard had called the day before to say a gas station attendant had been shot by wet backs that morning and to be on the alert. 

The sick society is also here. A lovely local young lady murdered this last week in our local town. She couldn't safely walk home after an enjoyable night out.   Stabbings in Cities almost every day.

I assume you were not suggesting the old gent was 'sick' for protecting himself and his property ????

Violent crime in the USA  is honestly contained to small festering holes of diversity.  There are stray homicides here and there but those are always between aquatinted people.  Personality I have never known anyone that got murdered.  Charlotte has just recently started becoming liberal so it’s just a matter of time before it’s a dump. I wouldn’t call America a sick culture.  It’s just we don’t put up with other people’s ****. If you come at me with intent to do harm and I will lay you down and go about my day.  We believe a man has the right to defend himself without retribution from the state.  If someone enters your house at night they are planning to harm you in some way.  So if you don’t defend yourself because you are more afraid of your government then there is a problem that needs correcting. 

Edited by NoBodyImportant

2 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

We believe a man has the right to defend himself without retribution from the state.  If someone enters your house at night they are planning to harm you in some way.  So if you don’t defend yourself because you are more afraid of your government then there is a problem that needs correcting. 

Well said. Unfortunately some will never agree with you.

11 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Maybe not, but every week it seems I read of elderly people being attacked in their homes and in some cases killed.  In the USA you know full well not to go banging around outside peoples homes uninvited. which this idiot was, although his son in law.  Spent a bit of time over there and yes you could say they are paranoid, but even 35yrs ago my friend in Houston indicated places where I should not go and it could only have got worse.  In 1985 he insisted I carry a handgun when I was alone on his ranch. The Border Guard had called the day before to say a gas station attendant had been shot by wet backs that morning and to be on the alert. 

The sick society is also here. A lovely local young lady murdered this last week in our local town. She couldn't safely walk home after an enjoyable night out.   Stabbings in Cities almost every day.

I assume you were not suggesting the old gent was 'sick' for protecting himself and his property ????

Of course not, I'm saying he is a victim of his paranoid sick society which predisposed him to act in a way that almost no other country on the planet has predisposed its people to do  -  including those countries that constitute the """"diversity""" crowd. ;) 

10 hours ago, Gordon R said:

I think "sick society" is a little harsh. Flawed, but it will never change. 

I'd say that's a fair comment but so many people shot at the traffic lights by the powlice despite doing everything right, is that flawed policing or institutionalised violence of a sick society ? How's that the fault of ""diversity"" ? Sorry I accept you didn't ask.

7 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Violent crime in the USA  is honestly contained to small festering holes of diversity.  There are stray homicides here and there but those are always between aquatinted people.  Personality I have never known anyone that got murdered.  Charlotte has just recently started becoming liberal so it’s just a matter of time before it’s a dump. I wouldn’t call America a sick culture.  It’s just we don’t put up with other people’s ****. If you come at me with intent to do harm and I will lay you down and go about my day.  We believe a man has the right to defend himself without retribution from the state.  If someone enters your house at night they are planning to harm you in some way.  So if you don’t defend yourself because you are more afraid of your government then there is a problem that needs correcting. 

😏  😴  Here we go, pass the buck onto..........gonna keep quiet in case admin quickly ban me for derailing even though it is clearly you who started it. 

The product of a sick, inhumane, unfriendly culture I'm afraid. Everywhere else on the planet has proportionality and reasonable response. Unfortunately it is statements and beliefs like that that have taken the lives of thousands of innocents because hey lets face it what's the first thang the "hero" is gonna tell the judge ? I was fearing for my life your honour. 

4 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Well said. Unfortunately some will never agree with you.

You can say that again :) .

Edited by Hamster

1 minute ago, NoBodyImportant said:

So your saying a man doesn’t have the right to kill in selfdefense? 

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying, there's self defence and there's self defence, absolute clear and present danger of one's and one's dearest lives are clearly an exception so if I woke up in my house and discovered a thief rummaging through my belongings downstairs I would arm myself with whatever carefully (and casually) stored implement was to hand and shout like a cornered mo fo tiger, if said druggie hadn't by then pooed his pants and scarpered and actually made for us through the stairs.........he'd be met with unbelievable ferocity of violence. If however, (as would be the case in 99.9% of real life cases) he slipped on his creation and ran away through the night I don't believe I have the right to be armed and to shoot him in the back or the side. 

It is but for the grace of the god (I don't believe in) that I live in a country that bars me from even owning hot tools designed for taking life. I thank god I was born in a country that values all human life and I thank god I live in a country that is not so paranoid and "flawed" as to think such catastrophic violence should be the norm. 

5 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

We believe a man has the right to defend himself without retribution from the state.

So you mean like this? https://youtu.be/ge8w1fnMKVY?t=187

And then there's this. -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tivYKJ2AmkU

Or this. https://youtu.be/nPA3rRD0sOU

There are dozens of such tragic and pointless incidents every week across America. And they all stem from the notion of  'the right to defend'. Unfortunately when applied universally it's a charter for idiots and nut jobs to ruin people's lives.

2 hours ago, Hamster said:

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying, there's self defence and there's self defence, absolute clear and present danger of one's and one's dearest lives are clearly an exception so if I woke up in my house and discovered a thief rummaging through my belongings downstairs I would arm myself with whatever carefully (and casually) stored implement was to hand and shout like a cornered mo fo tiger, if said druggie hadn't by then pooed his pants and scarpered and actually made for us through the stairs.........he'd be met with unbelievable ferocity of violence. If however, (as would be the case in 99.9% of real life cases) he slipped on his creation and ran away through the night I don't believe I have the right to be armed and to shoot him in the back or the side. 

It is but for the grace of the god (I don't believe in) that I live in a country that bars me from even owning hot tools designed for taking life. I thank god I was born in a country that values all human life and I thank god I live in a country that is not so paranoid and "flawed" as to think such catastrophic violence should be the norm. 

So if a man comes at your family with a knife do you  drop him when he is 5ft away? 2ft away? Got just the tip of the knife in your wife?  Or do you wait until he has a good stab or two to make sure you don’t get prosecuted?  

2 hours ago, Retsdon said:

So you mean like this? https://youtu.be/ge8w1fnMKVY?t=187

And then there's this. -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tivYKJ2AmkU

Or this. https://youtu.be/nPA3rRD0sOU

There are dozens of such tragic and pointless incidents every week across America. And they all stem from the notion of  'the right to defend'. Unfortunately when applied universally it's a charter for idiots and nut jobs to ruin people's lives.

None of those are self defense, they where all prosecuted as such.  To use your example of the neighbor shooting at the cat, do you think he was defending himself?  He was crazy with a stolen gun, the same thing with driving a van through a crowd. Is a society broken because a van plows through a outdoor market?