Bsa Airsporter

johnnytheboy

So I got an old airsporter to bash some squirrels at the shoot that are destroying our feeders, it’s not the prettiest old thing and something is wrong internally, but it’s cheap and i want to make it a practical machine for squirrel killing, what’s everyone recommendation, I was thinking 

tunning kit

metal trigger 

polish all internals 

good clean

anything else? Any recommendations of tuning kits? 

They were only designed to spit out 10.5ftlbs normally, and depending on age and use (pellet taps wear out) they can often be below this.

I recently redid my dads MK2 (he had previously got local gunship top do it and they had dropped in an ox spring and kicking like a mule) and due to air losses at the tap could only at best get 7.5ftlbs out of it which was fine for plinking.

Tuning kit came from tinbum (special request without spring as supplied within kit is a No1 equivelent).

A replacement Titan XS no10 spring gave a very nice firing gun (rather than the no1 which is often proscribed) with no difference in power and without having to cut it down like you would for a No1.

Edited by Stonepark

• 2 weeks later...