10 weeks and still not finished

fatchap

I have been working on a Bowie Knife in the back ground sort of thing, when tempering a blade for instance I spend an hour or two on the bowie knife etc etc you get the story,

Well I finally believe my Journey from flat stock bar of 01 tool steel , to "that's not a Knife this is a knife" is almost at an end. 

I still have a fair bit of polishing to do and I am seriously considering doing the whole handle again, maybe Theyla Burl doesn't take a CA finish but either way I'm not 100% happy with the handle finish. The brass still needs buffing an I have to make a sheath but I believe its looking pretty damn fine even if I say so myself.

Note apologies for the pics, but that's a mirror finish and trying to keep my ugly mug out of the reflection was not impossible but did effect the final result.

20191005-171251.jpg

20191005-171312.jpg

20191005-171739.jpg

20191005-171718.jpg

3 hours ago, mel b3 said:

I'm not really into big knives , so i had to go away and think about this one , and I've come to the conclusion , that it's a stunning knife 👍

Thanks for that, it really deserves a posh tooled leather sheath, I can make a plain one for it no problems but was just wondering.....?:whistling:

1 hour ago, fatchap said:

Thanks for that, it really deserves a posh tooled leather sheath, I can make a plain one for it no problems but was just wondering.....?

Her good self can do posh tooled leather work ,unfortunately, she can't do it quickly enough to make it profitable,  so she rarely does it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/10/2019 at 22:36, storm in a teacup said:

That's awsome, I watched a bit of crocodile Dundee last night and have been Google the knives this evening. One could make its way into my collection one day.

We watched it a while back, they had cut out "that's not a knife" bleeding do gooders.

Some skills in that knife fella, 👏👏👏