Rarely am impressed with anything man made. But this bridge is amazing.

NoBodyImportant

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Is that the one payed for by EU money?

I dunno but all the billions of£ the UK has pumped into the EU together with the blackmail “divorce” settlement the EU are trying to extort out of us, we could have paid for it ten times over!

41 minutes ago, oowee said:

Does it start with a ditch? 

Lots of things start with a ditch.

But many more end in them, I often think about how many ditches there are out there filled with men and women who died defending their land from a totalitarian state, intent on dominating them.
Funny how things tend to go round in circles isnt it ?

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

Lots of things start with a ditch.

But many more end in them, I often think about how many ditches there are out there filled with men and women who died defending their land from a totalitarian state, intent on dominating them.
Funny how things tend to go round in circles isnt it ?

Unfortunately too many end in a ditch.

I like the London Bridge story / rumour where we sold the bridge to the Americans with them thinking they were getting tower bridge. It now sits in Lake Havasu City in Arizona bridging between the shore and an island. Ford have a proving ground in Arizona and we used to stay in condos by the lake shore back in the day when I used to do real work.

37 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I like the London Bridge story / rumour where we sold the bridge to the Americans with them thinking they were getting tower bridge. It now sits in Lake Havasu City in Arizona bridging between the shore and an island. Ford have a proving ground in Arizona and we used to stay in condos by the lake shore back in the day when I used to do real work.

My favorite is the bridge between the Hyatt hotel Birmingham and the ICC. When the City built the ICC and the Hyatt was built almost simultaneously, the bridge was intended to go straight between the two. During construction the Hyatt was moved back two meters, forgetting the bridge. When the bridge was put in it was short by two meters and an extra section was added. :lol: 

There were some very interesting bottom covering exercises following that one :shoot:

Images of Birmingham Photo Library Aerial view of Symphony ...

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:59, panoma1 said:

NBI Google, Ironbridge Gorge bridge, Shropshire, England and see the first bridge of this type in the world!.....under 50 miles from where I live! 🙄 Lol!

The world seems to think the UK is all about London........when the birthplace of the industrial revolution was around Birmingham and the Midlands of England!

panoma 1  smooth talker your spot on the industrial revolution was in the midlands  you name it was made here first  be it the Birmingham / gun trade  / Juley   quarter/  ironworks / steam power /  potteries/  the black country , iron was  used long before steel  yet the design is similar , not to mention car plants in Birmingham and Coventry  inc black cabs  ,   now we build nothing , only cov uni warwick uni  student  dwellings  we produce nothing other than sell education to date  i

hands on industries are suffering relying on their brand name  cant go off road and pull a couple of ton animals in a trailer across a plowed field where many others can step up,   land rover was just that  now a yuppie Tesco's trolley  farmers need a workhorse every one else does a Tesco's trolley farmers are now buying series  two and series  three  workhorses

or reliable Japanese 4x4     a better build quality double cab  ,     land rover are now a designer ego massage  not a work horse  good for nothing  than opening your wallet with electrical issues,,,,  do not own one more than your lease 

Edited by Saltings
peer pressure

• 2 weeks later...