First game shoot done

Jacko3275

AWell went out on my first shoot today and was not disappointed the day started with a  bacon egg sandwich with a coffee and a chat to lot of strangers ... after a safety briefing we where told about what to expect of the day which consisted of 5 drives of which we where told due to bird disease and bad weather the pheasant where weeks behind what they should do to be selective but any partridge or duck where ok also any pest species would not go to the bag... so the first drive I’ll let mick shoot first (sharing a peg) the pheasant where coming just not high enough so no shots fire for us 2nd drive more ducks than pheasant I had 2 shots  hit one duck mick took a pheasant  n a duck then of for elevensies n a chat 3rd drive bad peg for us  good drive for everybody else I shot a pigeon mick got a pheasant by now I’m thinking not doing this again 4th drive was a game changer there ducks flying everywhere I bagged 6 mick bagged 4 5th drive was just a short drive to make the bag up mick had one shot one duck I had one shot hit my first pheasant so all in all a good day had ...our peg took 16 of the 85 shot from 9 pegs final shot count was 3-1

DC4224F4-93BF-4E8C-BFC8-99C625404B76.jpeg

F2131184-3911-465D-AACF-89656C3C22DF.jpeg

0280C75E-3F0C-4A42-990C-E6A231DB1CFD.jpeg

2 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Brilliant - are you allowed to tell us the cost and the total bag? 

Allows us who haven’t done it before but would like to to see the cost and what you can get for it  

well done on the shooting btw, what gun, carts and choke combo did you use?  

Cost 250 plus tip  used ata sporter 12b  1/2 & 1/4 choke With hull superfast pigeon 

13 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

I think he said it was 85 shot (assuming that was meant to be a 100 bird day and they were just under)... 

I hope that's£250 for the peg and not £250 for both you and your mate Jack?

Ye 250 for the peg  it was supposed to be an hundred bird day 

5 minutes ago, The gouse said:

Good value for money that for driven shooting what hospitality did get. 

I would imagine that they had lunch in the long room at Chatsworth served by liveried servants with the Duke of Devonshire sitting at the head of the table.

10 minutes ago, JDog said:

I would imagine that they had lunch in the long room at Chatsworth served by liveried servants with the Duke of Devonshire sitting at the head of the table.

Not for that amount 😄😄we got bacon and egg sandwich and drinks in the morning ... sausage rolls and sloe gin with preseco  for elevensies  the to the pub for pie and peas but didn’t go for that as had to be back for a birthday do

13 minutes ago, B725 said:

That is a good price, was this at Chatsworth? 

Yes just a small private shoot on part of the estate 

8 minutes ago, JDog said:

It was just a question! As with are shoot we pride are selves on the day not just the shooting,  I’ve have been invited to chatsworth house on two occasions but did not have time to stop. 

2 hours ago, JDog said:

Does the Duke share or is he one of those that won’t let anyone have a taste of his 🤔🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...