night vision zeroing in daylite

scarecrow243

Hi i have just been up too the range shooting some targets with the yukon day/night vision as you will know seeing the targets in daytime is not that clear what i did notice is the orange clays you get are great for zeroing the scope in as you see the bits of clay no problem even when the bits jump about after being shot to smaller bits

The Yukon is a bit naff in daytime conditions and pretty much unusable in sunny conditions. Like Nev I zero at 50yds because it's easy to see. I've got a doubler on my Yukon which helps and if you extreme it and do a good job its crystal clear. As soon as it starts dropping dark you'll be good to go and zero which at this time of year is quite early. The thing to remember is when you knock over half a dozen rabbits in a row is you've got to find them all! Many a time I've lost dead rabbits and a few foxes. One dropped on the spot, we drove round looking for it for ages, couldn't find it, next morning wed driven a couple of yards past it!