nines

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Now you mention it, 2012 was around the time that fella was caught getting down with a ewe, by the people on a broken down train. He was arrested and I believe did go to prison. :hmm:

No. I'm not into intimacy sheep. That guy was however a popular topic of convo when inside.

Edited by nines

• If the person has been sentenced to a total of 3 years or more in prison or corrective training then they are prohibited for life from the possession of any firearm of any kind.
  • If a person has been sentenced to more than 3 months but less than 3 years imprisonment, youth custody/detention or a secure training order then they are prohibited from the possession of any firearm of any kind whatsoever for a period of five years from the date of their release. 

Also anyone released on licence under section 53 of the Children & Young Persons Act 1933 (detention of young persons convicted of serious crime) and anyone subject of a binding over or recognizance a condition of which is that he shall not possess, use or carry a firearm.

I'm pretty sure i know your crime from your description and the time frame you speak of but I won't share.

1 minute ago, Lloyd90 said:

Spoil sport. 

It really is amazingly easy to figure out who I am if I did actually state the crime. I'm treading a fine line as much as a dare already. I don't really want to come across as being obstructive or suspicious by doing so but revealing any more would break the first rule of the Internet sadly. Any more and I would be identified in less than 10 seconds.

13 minutes ago, Will Poon said:

image.png.3b8ad9f84365113d78b173627bfdb236.png

Defo. 

On another note, the new guy at work **** his pants last week, he didnt tell me he did 13 years for armed robbery. Hes not allowed anywhere near firearms, i had 2 in the boot when i told him driving. He **** it as he could go straight back in, even after being out 10 years and completely turning his life around. 

10 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Defo. 

On another note, the new guy at work **** his pants last week, he didnt tell me he did 13 years for armed robbery. Hes not allowed anywhere near firearms, i had 2 in the boot when i told him driving. He **** it as he could go straight back in, even after being out 10 years and completely turning his life around. 

I noticed the police and courts can be pretty brutal regardless of how firearms ended up even remotely close to someone who isn't allowed them.

I would like to think that I've turned my life around too. It's certainly unrecognisable from 8 years ago at least. I'm hoping how far I've come since means just as much as where I came from should I come under any scrutiny.

I will join in whats been said earlier, youll only find out by applying and this - If you aint banned from holding one now, and if you showed intend of sporting purposes e.g clays every sunday, even if this isnt a requirement, you might stand a chance. Read previous threads on here of what people have as criminal records and youll surprise yourself what they allow. 

Well I spoke to the senior firearms officer for my area today and he said he can't really give me any hints. I need to  send off a signed application to give him authority to have a snoop and go through the whole process in full. I can understand why but I was hoping he could have made a quick phone call. It seems like a lot of hassle when he might know if it could be a straight out no from the very beginning from 5 mins on the phone.

I'll probably have to weigh it up a bit in my head. I'm by no means desperate to get the shotgun (quite the opposite actually) but it'll be nice to know beforehand so we know what to do with it.

I cannot get my head around the obsession with some wanting to know the details of the crime.

Perhaps the reason why the OP does not want his identity/name known is the fear of the media getting wind of him applying for a SGC and his name doing the rounds on social media, which will not help his application, I can see it now….’Police allow criminal to have dangerous weapons’

For what its worth I would send your application off and an accompanying letter explaining your life and what you have achieved since leaving prison, its surprising what a well written letter can achieve, and as been said, do not leave anything out.

Good luck.   

On 09/10/2019 at 20:06, nines said:

Well I spoke to the senior firearms officer for my area today and he said he can't really give me any hints. I need to  send off a signed application to give him authority to have a snoop and go through the whole process in full. I can understand why but I was hoping he could have made a quick phone call. It seems like a lot of hassle when he might know if it could be a straight out no from the very beginning from 5 mins on the phone.

I'll probably have to weigh it up a bit in my head. I'm by no means desperate to get the shotgun (quite the opposite actually) but it'll be nice to know beforehand so we know what to do with it.

Hi, with regards to hoping for a quick response from the FEO, there are several reasons as to why he was unable to give you any hints.

There are very strict guidelines governing the access to systems which contain sensitive or confidential data. The fact that you had submitted an application form for a SGC would enable those who job it is, to access those systems. Hence the requirement for you to submit the application form.

For what its worth, I know of several occasions when applicants have been "advised" to withdraw their application as it would not be granted. The fees are returned and there is not an official record of having an application refused.

The "withdrawal" would be of benefit to those who have some issue which would be resolved after the passage of time and not have a refusal on record.  

Given you have no urgency for a certificate then wait: If you can demonstrate to have made good responsible decisions and/or turned your life around (for example if that is relevant in your case) over a number of years, a pleasant surprise could come your way.  That avoids having to declare that a previous application has been declined.

1 hour ago, Perazzishot said:

I'd apply, if they come back with keep your nose clean for another 2 years at least you know where you stand. Your fee will be returned.

This would be my plan of action too. It's better to know now ither way than be wondering for the years to come