Posted Images

3 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

If your doing it right they run towards you when you come back :P

I’m wondering how you lads know this stuff 🙄🥺

3 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

If your doing it right they run towards you when you come back :P

3 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

Velcro? 

Nah I'm too old school for that, two handfuls of teasels me. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Well to answer where Iv'e been for a while I haven't really done anything since. Like I said I'm not really desperate for one by any stretch of the imagination and seeing the gun isn't worth much and is mostly sentimental (no trumpet blowing but I make a fair whack of money every year so selling it for a thousand isn't worth it). I have no idea what the obsession with who I am is coming from, it's rule 1 of the internet not to say who you are and I thought everyone would have known that so why it was such an issue is a mystery.

I'll probably apply eventually but not yet. I think a 10 year period is a reasonable amount of time where I would expect a half decent prospect of getting approval. If not then I would wonder why they even have the 3 year and under guideline to begin with.The idea of my sister applying is a good too.

7 hours ago, nines said:

Well to answer where Iv'e been for a while I haven't really done anything since. Like I said I'm not really desperate for one by any stretch of the imagination and seeing the gun isn't worth much and is mostly sentimental (no trumpet blowing but I make a fair whack of money every year so selling it for a thousand isn't worth it). I have no idea what the obsession with who I am is coming from, it's rule 1 of the internet not to say who you are and I thought everyone would have known that so why it was such an issue is a mystery.

I'll probably apply eventually but not yet. I think a 10 year period is a reasonable amount of time where I would expect a half decent prospect of getting approval. If not then I would wonder why they even have the 3 year and under guideline to begin with.The idea of my sister applying is a good too.

I'm reading between the lines , and I'm convinced that you were a contestant on love island , who fell from grace when you got sent to prison for sheep worrying 😊.

An “acquaintance “of mine had a conviction for burglary as a youth and served time in a Young Offenders Institution .However he loved the country side and shooting and decided to apply for SGC .That was about 5 years after this and he had a job and no further problems.He was successful and went on to have a FAC and Fox and Deer calibre rifles.No problems since either!👍👏

Edited by fallowbuck

7 hours ago, mel b3 said:

I'm reading between the lines , and I'm convinced that you were a contestant on love island , who fell from grace when you got sent to prison for sheep worrying 😊.

Someone on love island really done that haha?

1 hour ago, fallowbuck said:

An “acquaintance “of mine had a conviction for burglary as a youth and served time in a Young Offenders Institution .However he loved the country side and shooting and decided to apply for SGC .That was about 5 years after this and he had a job and no further problems.He was successful and went on to have a FAC and Fox and Deer calibre rifles.No problems since either!👍👏

I think the 3 year prohibition limit for firearms was loosely based on the old offenders rehabilitation act that used to permanently exclude anyone from being deemed rehabilitated if they had a sentence of 3 years or over. Back then it was also the case where a sentence of anything less was spent after a maximum of 10 years although it doesn't seem to imply that for firearms (but I think reasonable to assume that anyway).