Nissan juke miles per gallon

gemini52

On 10/10/2019 at 12:09, snarepeg said:

Is it Diesle?

had a freelander, nice comfortable but not that good on fuel.

this doubles the mileage.

If I'm reading some of these responses properly, the engine on my wife's car needs looking at...….!! Performance is great - it accelerates very well but seemingly mpg is being sacrificed.

14 hours ago, WestonSalop said:

If I'm reading some of these responses properly, the engine on my wife's car needs looking at...….!! Performance is great - it accelerates very well but seemingly mpg is being sacrificed.

The modern trend for low capacity high boost engines from the volume car makers exists primarily as a device to produce outstanding figures in the official economy and emissions tests. So, if you drive it within the parameters of these tests you'll get very good mpg.

2 members of my family have cars with this type of engine and both are great at 56mph on the motorway. No so good on the school/Tesco/Screwfix/takeaway curry/garden centre type runs though.

On 11/10/2019 at 11:20, Westward said:

Most makers now have the option of a small engine with a big turbo and a clever ECU. They can perform like a much bigger engine and they can also return excellent mpg but they don't do both at the same time. IOW, depending on your driving pattern you can have good economy or good performance. That's true for every internal combustion engine but it's much more marked with the snappy little turbo units which have a very small operating envelope for good mpg. Suzuki share some technology with Mazda and the latest non turbo, larger capacity engines can return high mpg figures without having to drive like old Mrs Scoggins and they're also much less stressed so potentially longer lasting as well.

Done the deal will be picking the vitara when its had a service and mot,hopefully will serve me well.