Self levelling roof compound?

sandspider

Hi all

Just wondering, is the above a thing? We have a flat(ish) roof where the angles are wrong, and water pools on the lead, traps leaves and things and goes manky and smelly. Re-angling the roof and refitting the lead are fairly major work, but I was wondering if there is something I can pour into the lead dip to flatten everything out, or ideally slope it outwards slightly so water drains down to the gutter rather than sitting on the roof? It would need to be waterproof, obviously! Picture attached.

Thanks.

IMG_20191006_104753.jpg

I don't think anything has sunk - it's a fairly new roof, about 15 years old. I think it was just done poorly in the first place, with no fall!

If totally horizontal, less water would gather on it than now, when it pools. But if there's something I can pour on there then set a slight fall to, directing the water outwards, that would be even better...

The glazed roof has been set too high. You need a decent upstand against the brick but the window sill is a restriction. You could remove the lead and increase the falls on the flat roof and then renew the lead , but you may be better advised not to use lead again but fibreglass, which will not require the rolls and can be had in a lead grey colour 

Thanks all

I'm trying to avoid lifting the roof, I think it may become a larger project than I have the time or skill for! Something to pour or brush on to level things off a bit would help without major surgery, I hope. Screed I could probably cope with, as long as it's not to heavy.

It will need to wait until Spring now anyway I reckon, it's not going to dry out until then.

right first time is the cheapest,     ( if you have to make it right  do it right it will be cheaper in the long run ) ,   cut corners it will cost more to pit right in the future  throw everything away and start again ,cheap costs money  every time   ,       strip and re lay  lead with a new deck incorporating a decent slope no more problems  in the future   been there done this cheapest fix my opinion

Sorry to say that in my opinion you can't coat the lead. lead expands and contracts (moves) that's why the mopsticks are there. You can patch a leak with different things. but that's not your problem. only thing to do in my mind is lift the lead, introduce a new deck with fall and fibreglass, or reuse the lead but you'll have to keep the mopsticks if you do that/

On 12/10/2019 at 15:24, team tractor said:

Yup . The railings need a coat of paint lol 😂 

Quiet, you! You haven't seen the state of the rest of it!

On 12/10/2019 at 16:24, tonker said:

Sorry to say that in my opinion you can't coat the lead. lead expands and contracts (moves) that's why the mopsticks are there. You can patch a leak with different things. but that's not your problem. only thing to do in my mind is lift the lead, introduce a new deck with fall and fibreglass, or reuse the lead but you'll have to keep the mopsticks if you do that/

Thanks. Maybe not something I can do myself with a quick fix then. Ah well.

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:07, sandspider said:

Quiet, you! You haven't seen the state of the rest of it!

Thanks. Maybe not something I can do myself with a quick fix then. Ah well.

some scaffolding  for storage of lead  some plywood a decent bloke a days labour to strip and re lay lead depending on access ,   at , what level scaffolding could be your biggest expense if not in a hurry could be cheaper as an access platform rather than a roofing issue  ie    you need access to paint windows  😉 a leak or roofing problem is more expensive for scaffolding , my experience a scaffolder mate gave me a price on  a building he knew  inc sizes after building his price into  pricing the job  on a roofing replacement job the scaffolder turned up on Friday afternoon  with gear on truck only needed handrail and loading tower needed for Monday  the price trebled I had no choice , all gear and labour put in place for  Monday   no scaffolding would cost me a fortune so agreed  envelope new  written on new price however  the envelope contained  cash agreed previously  , with a note take this up with the tax man  never used them again    get some prices for decorating cheaper than a leak heads up or not in a hurry is always cheaper  (heads up)