AHHHHHHH! Insurance

Davyo

Same old con, rev renewal for Build/contents £70 higher than last year from Admiral.They say they will auto renew, Mmmm NO!.Went online and got same cover,same excess bla,bla,bla £60 cheaper.Phones Admiral up to led policy expire on 01/11/19.Advisor seemed to take the Hump, quoting can me match it.Er hold on a minute you want to over quote and then match if I decide to jump ship! Sorry but I've already just paid to be covered by AXA.He then still tried to get me to not jump ship.I advised him that Admiral needs to swap that funny Nepolian hat for a pirates hat ! Ahhhhhh! 

Yep, they all try it on, the thieves!  Hastings are the same.  Price up for car insurance, so I went on line, got exactly the same cover at the previous years price from.....Hastings!  When I did the same as you and contacted them to let the policy run out, same story again!  Customer loyalty my *****!    

Yeah me too - was doing buildings and contents via First Direct - who were using Aviva, my fault every year I'd accept the renewal on Direct Debit.  Renewal time was 30th Sept, shopped around and tried NFU Mutual - have to phone them up, all the quoting is done over the phone and got both policies for less than half the renewal quotes. 

So this month the car insurance came up - Saga - the renewal had risen by £250!   Low risk postcode are, 62, clean licence, no accidents so not exactly a big risk. Shopped around and thought - why not try NFU Mutual again.   Quote was competitive and includes RAC breakdown cover in with the price - a good result.  NFU assure me that they won't be playing silly b*ggers at next years renewal...let's see.

Every other year I insure the buildings and contents in my name and on the alternative years the wife insures it in her name. We use the same company (Direct Line ) and we always get the new customer discount. Because we use them for the buildings and contents insurance we get further discounts for the other insurances we have and the savings compared to splitting the policy's is significant, you just have to play them at there own game but you need to know the rules first.

Since retiring a couple of years ago, I call at every renewal. They generally reduce at the first renewal and I go elsewhere after the second year. Something I didn’t have time for when I was working that now gives me great pleasure.

Worth signing up with one of the outfits that will change your energy suppliers too.

Thieves, all of them.

I had the same thing with Admiral car insurance.

Told them I could get it £80 cheaper elsewhere.

"Who is that with sir"

"Admiral"

"Oh - well that's on-line and a different part of our business but we can price match it for you"

"When I first signed up I did it `on-line`. You can price match yourselves? Well done - very generous of you."

I stayed with them - you just have to play the game to get the reduction.

I still can't believe that they get away with inflating auto-renewal prices. No reward for loyaltly and it takes the preverbial. Very hard on old and vulnerable people as well.