£170 million plus euro millions win

Blackpowder

Some one in the UK has won the multi rollover jackpot on Euromillions.    Personally I think such a sum is obscene  most of us, myself  included  would not know what to do with such an amount.  Now a few hundred thou would be very nice but £170 million would likely mean the loss of your friends and difficulty in making new ones in your new income bracket.

Blackpowder

Fake a Cheque for half a million and put a photocopy on your wall. Everybody will be happy for you and you can spend within reason on holidays etc.

The lottery might even write you 2 cheques, one for 500,000 and one for 169.5 million ...lol 

Edited by daveboy

59 minutes ago, nobbyathome said:

even a couple of million would get you out of your income bracket regarding your friends but 170 million i would suffer it i dont like them that much

my family come first and i would share it out to even distant cousins it would soon go

Friends  of ours won  £6.3M about 5 yrs ago, it has not changed them. Very sensible folk indeed

59 minutes ago, nobbyathome said:

It is quite possible to become a philanthropist 

Edited by Capt Christopher Jones

27 minutes ago, Capt Christopher Jones said:

Friends  of ours won  £6.3M about 5 yrs ago, it has not changed them. Very sensible folk indeed

It is quite possible to become a philanthropist 

well 6.3 is a lovely figure 

by the time i buy a nice  property give my kids 1 mil each to live near me sort out my inlaws  6.3 would change all our lives for the good  but 170 wow think that would change anyone

We talk about this at work and I’ve said I’d give 50 away to friends and family. 

I’d love to pay mates mortgages off or invest in their businesses for them. 

Its funny the older I’ve got the more enjoyment I get out of helping others. 

Id buy a farm with lots of land for shooting , fishing and teaching children how to live in the wild or off the land with growing veg etc. I’d love that.

a fleet of Vw vans of different types like 500bhp or 4x4 and a place by the sea.

i think just paying the mortgages off for friends and family would change their lives so much.

2 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I’d be Michael Jackson crazy with that kind of money.  I be riding a giraffe around town with a diamond studded saddle. 

You need to think bigger , I'd have a team of giraffe's pulling me along in my diamond encrusted chariot , while I was wearing my gold pants , and cracking a whip made from unicorn mane 😆.

It would be amazing to win that amount of money . Myself and my family have all pretty much got as much as we need already , but imagine the good things that you could do for others that weren't so fortunate . I would imagine that so much money could pay for quite a few life saving operations , or help folks with disabilities that can't be fixed because the nhs can't afford it.

With that sort of money, you could take care of family and friends; pay off their mortgages etc, or any way you could, then you haven’t alienated anyone. 
I think I’d also have to do some good, set up some sort of trust to help those less fortunate or something like that, to offset the guilt! 🙂

I genuinely wish those that have won it well; I hope they are nice people and they use it improve not only their own lives but the lives of others, and that it doesn’t ruin their lives instead, as immediate wealth sometimes can. 

Sporting estate with small castle/lodge/mansion in Scotland comes to mind, Grouse moor, Salmon river.........Deer....invite sporting friends to stay and shoot, who have been good to me/mine in the past.
Have to think carefully who to help financially, wouldn’t want the sudden windfall of a shedload of cash, to impact negatively on their life!......

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

Sporting estate with small castle/lodge/mansion in Scotland comes to mind, Grouse moor, Salmon river.........Deer....invite sporting friends to stay and shoot, 

I've stopped now, but for a period, sitting here in Saudi, I'd do this fantasy thing after a bottle of so of Mrs R's home-made red that involved perusing websites like Savills' or Strutt and Parker's. Around a thousand acres (most of it let so as not to have too much work), plenty of woodland, and a mile or two of mixed salmon and trout fishing was the ideal. But then I'd watch these estates come up and go, and it would feel like a personal blow when some of them got sold. And when Rothiemay on the Deveron was on the market, for weeks on end I was doing the Euromillions like a madman, praying for a miracle. But finally it occurred to me that the whole business was getting distinctly unhealthy and I stopped looking. It was fun for a while though.

It’s simple 

mid it’s too much £££ for you don’t buy a ticket 🤔

for me I’d just get new friends well you wouldn’t want to mix with a bunch of paupers 😂

spend what I wanted on shooting and fishing and probably Get a nice place in Dorset 

as for giving it to family definitely not I’ve seen how they have wasted many gift horses 

though to be honest I pretty much live the lottery winners dream but without the millions 😉

My neighbor won the lottery.  Bought a helicopter for $60,000.   He would set in the driveway and watch YouTube videos on how to fly a helicopter. He could get it about 10ft off the ground and he would panic and slam it back down.  I would scream at him to  not be a pussy and jerk that stick back and ride it out.  He took off hit a tree and spread fiery chucks a helicopter across the road and my yard.   His  mail order bride pulled him out right as it exploded.  Almost died.  Only thing recognizable was a piece of tail section. 67A3574C-9641-403E-839B-567F9472442B.jpeg.1ba31e3260772c30a3d6430ee2e74672.jpeg