£170 million plus euro millions win

Blackpowder

39 minutes ago, oowee said:

A chunk for the kids. Pay off the wife and whats left does not look so much after all. 

That’s just it. My kids are only 22 and 20; where is the purpose or incentive to actually do something, anything? 
It doesn’t apply to everyone of course, but a young couple I knew who lived off her mothers title, just ended up in the pub everyday. She even invited that magician Derren (?) Brown round for tea at a cost of five grand because she ‘was bored.’ 
I think I’d be ok because it would only mean I would do more of what I already do, but as a 20 year old I think it would have spelled the end for my liver. 🙂

Just now, Scully said:

That’s just it. My kids are only 22 and 20; where is the purpose or incentive to actually do something, anything? 
It doesn’t apply to everyone of course, but a young couple I knew who lived off her mothers title, just ended up in the pub everyday. She even invited that magician Derren (?) Brown round for tea at a cost of five grand because she ‘was bored.’ 
I think I’d be ok because it would only mean I would do more of what I already do, but as a 20 year old I think it would have spelled the end for my liver. 🙂

I told the lads at work I’d spoil them but they would have to work to qualify. 

Just think of the good you could do. 

Myself, I'd start a trust, accommodation, training, skills, help with psychological and medical issues for ex-service people, enable them to get back into the 'normal' world whilst they have a stable base and the support that is desperately required.

That's just the start. 

As for me - well, I'd not be running it or anything, I'd employ people who know what they're doing for that. I'd want to just carry on in my job, as normal. Maybe take an extra few days of holidays a year, but I enjoy what I do, so I'd carry on doing it.

Just think of all those people you could help! Few million in a bank and set up a rolling funding program! Each month the interest goes to a different charity! Leave that running for perpetuity. Family and friends mortgages paid, open a local youth club, start a small business if possible to employ local kids and get them off the streets and earning! Build a hostel for the ex servicemen , build another for the homeless. Buy a small rural estate and teach kids about the rural way of life, farming, game keeping etc. and still have more than enough for your own needs! 

I saw a 610 acre  estate with a 3 bedroom  house on the drive and a three bed house overlooking its own reservoir with 18 pheasant drives and  red and roe shooting for 1.7 million that would do me stick the son in the house at the bottom of the drive and i would be the grumpy old *** in isolation , but then the owners said another 3 estates for sale so maybe not  and by the time you got new kennels,  vehicles  , fencing did the houses up that would take a chunk out of it as you would need enough to live comfortably off the interest