Pard nv007 night vision add on

hodge911

39 minutes ago, hodge911 said:

is anyone using the above unit ?

If so how do you rate it ? The pros & cons would be appreciated 

Considering getting one 

In a word, Brilliant. I use mine on various calibre rifles (.22lr - .243) and also with PA and non PA scopes, and it's great. I do use a Solaris SRX IR torch to increase the range, but the onboard IR is good  out to 100 yards in the right conditions. I can't think of any 'cons' to be honest. There are far better NV 'scopes' out there, but they cost a hell of a lot more too.

For the money, they are the best NV add on available.
You can easily spend twice as much , and get no better image or quality.

Make sure the scope you use has a lowish magnification , side focus is preferable, but not essential.

I have found cheaper scopes work better than higher end stuff , due to lens coatings.
Hawke ,MTC work well.

FFP reticules benefit from using the 12 mm version of the 007, anything else the standard 16mm.

Battery life is very good, and easily field swappable for really long 3 hours plus sessions.

Quick release for spotter use.

Steve says 100 yards for the on board IR  I disagree, I can ID a rabbit at 200 yards.

Let me know what gun you intend to use it on for any other advice.

7 hours ago, Rewulf said:

For the money, they are the best NV add on available.
You can easily spend twice as much , and get no better image or quality.

Make sure the scope you use has a lowish magnification , side focus is preferable, but not essential.

I have found cheaper scopes work better than higher end stuff , due to lens coatings.
Hawke ,MTC work well.

FFP reticules benefit from using the 12 mm version of the 007, anything else the standard 16mm.

Battery life is very good, and easily field swappable for really long 3 hours plus sessions.

Quick release for spotter use.

Steve says 100 yards for the on board IR  I disagree, I can ID a rabbit at 200 yards.

Let me know what gun you intend to use it on for any other advice.

on my ruger m77 mk2 .243 fitted with mtc mamba lite

brno mod2e .22lr fitted with a hawke scope 

1 hour ago, hodge911 said:

on my ruger m77 mk2 .243 fitted with mtc mamba lite

brno mod2e .22lr fitted with a hawke scope 

You need a 48 mm adapter with the MTC, and the Hawke should be a 45mm.

16mm pard will be fine on those, but you may need to move them forwards a bit to get proper eye relief. 

Let me know if you need anything, I've got everything except the 48 mm adapter. 

58 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

You need a 48 mm adapter with the MTC, and the Hawke should be a 45mm.

16mm pard will be fine on those, but you may need to move them forwards a bit to get proper eye relief. 

Let me know if you need anything, I've got everything except the 48 mm adapter. 

Thanks mate .

I've got to have  a look see what I can sell to raise the funds for 1 first but I certainly think I'll try my best to get 1

On 11/10/2019 at 13:29, Rewulf said:

Why thank you kind Sir.:good:

Did you get it updated ?

hi mate what's the update for ?

was in a shooting shop on thursday a bloke asked if they had any pards in the owner said no wasn't getting any more due to finding out the lasers they use hasn't been passed

dave

2 hours ago, davewh100 said:

hi mate what's the update for ?

was in a shooting shop on thursday a bloke asked if they had any pards in the owner said no wasn't getting any more due to finding out the lasers they use hasn't been passed

dave

Ill address the laser issue first .

For starters, all Pard products  have cleared EU safety regs, and meet all UK standards. 
Back in the day when a certain well know NV vendor was found to be selling  007s at quite an inflated price under his own brand name, and insinuating he had 'modified ' them , he  was called out on it, he then said he had altered the 'illegal' laser pointer.
It was proved he hadnt, and the matter was quietly dropped.
Ive mentioned this , just so we are clear on which laser we are talking about here.

The latest 'issue' , and this is to do with another well know vendor of NV products, who I suspect has had some kind of disagreement with Pard, is to do with the IR illuminator, which is also a vcsel type laser, of a similar , though less powerful type fitted to your PBirL , Sirius ,ect IRs, which all use vcsel tech.
The vendor, has made it known , quite inaccurately , that these lasers are not passed for UK/EU use, yet still continues to sell them , strangely enough !

Anyhow , the update , now official, gives a vanilla 008, the software from the firmware for the 008 LRF (No it doesnt give you a rangefinder !)

It gives more power to the IR (The 'illegal' one mentioned above :lol:)
5 excellent new reticules .
Picture in picture function (PIP) X2 , over native mag window 
It slightly boosts mag to 6.5/13 , so your PIP will have a 26 x mag.
A number of profile saves, so you could save a 100 yard zero, a 200 yard zero ect.

All this works perfectly, the only downside..You will need to re zero once you have updated.

15 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Ill address the laser issue first .

For starters, all Pard products  have cleared EU safety regs, and meet all UK standards. 
Back in the day when a certain well know NV vendor was found to be selling  007s at quite an inflated price under his own brand name, and insinuating he had 'modified ' them , he  was called out on it, he then said he had altered the 'illegal' laser pointer.
It was proved he hadnt, and the matter was quietly dropped.
Ive mentioned this , just so we are clear on which laser we are talking about here.

The latest 'issue' , and this is to do with another well know vendor of NV products, who I suspect has had some kind of disagreement with Pard, is to do with the IR illuminator, which is also a vcsel type laser, of a similar , though less powerful type fitted to your PBirL , Sirius ,ect IRs, which all use vcsel tech.
The vendor, has made it known , quite inaccurately , that these lasers are not passed for UK/EU use, yet still continues to sell them , strangely enough !

Anyhow , the update , now official, gives a vanilla 008, the software from the firmware for the 008 LRF (No it doesnt give you a rangefinder !)

It gives more power to the IR (The 'illegal' one mentioned above :lol:)
5 excellent new reticules .
Picture in picture function (PIP) X2 , over native mag window 
It slightly boosts mag to 6.5/13 , so your PIP will have a 26 x mag.
A number of profile saves, so you could save a 100 yard zero, a 200 yard zero ect.

All this works perfectly, the only downside..You will need to re zero once you have updated.

thanks for the very useful information there i dont have the pard but my mate as the 008, will let him know about the up date

8 minutes ago, davewh100 said:

thanks for the very useful information there i dont have the pard but my mate as the 008, will let him know about the up date

008 footage with new ret, this is NOT an LRF , but he has switched on the rangefinder for some reason, it can be switched off !, no PIP shown.

10 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

Is there any updates for the software on a 007?

How old is your 007 Steve, the last time it was updated was some time ago, but I cant seem to find a version number online, Ill check on a new one when I get home tonight.

007 has had very few issues, so few updates, one was the cross hair update, and one for the menu issue (removing battery while switched on)

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

How old is your 007 Steve, the last time it was updated was some time ago, but I cant seem to find a version number online, Ill check on a new one when I get home tonight.

007 has had very few issues, so few updates, one was the cross hair update, and one for the menu issue (removing battery while switched on)

Mine is approx 1 year old. Nothing wrong with it, I just thought there may be some software updates. :good:

• 7 months later...
17 hours ago, Grant Lacey said:

Hi all

Can animals see the IR

Thanks in advance 

The short answer is yes.
What they actually see is debatable , without asking them.

Do they see the red glow of the IR ?(DO NOT LOOK AT IT YOURSELF) or can they actually see IR 'light'
It often seems they are staring straight at you when you are aiming, most importantly , does it worry/spook them ?
In my experience , no , I havent found them running for the hills when its pointed their way, BUT some say they have.

A 940 m IR helps , but is not invisible like some say.