Pard nv007 night vision add on

hodge911

I have tried both the 007 and the 008 and my opinion is the 007 is very good for the money but unfortunately due to the demand the price has been creeping up for a while now The one I tried was £350 I think when they first come out. I have since tried the 008 and in my opinion was no where near as good and it’s currently sitting on an air rifle to shoot rats with. 

21 hours ago, crossy 666 said:

I have tried both the 007 and the 008 and my opinion is the 007 is very good for the money but unfortunately due to the demand the price has been creeping up for a while now The one I tried was £350 I think when they first come out. I have since tried the 008 and in my opinion was no where near as good and it’s currently sitting on an air rifle to shoot rats with. 

Each to their own , picture quality is usually a lot better with a 008, simply due to the fact it isnt going through 10 lens's first !

I will say , a cheap scope usually works best with a 007, as poorer quality glass , and less of it , help with image.

A good separate laser IR and a 008 , you can shoot out to 600 yards in good visibility, you cant do that with a 007.

• 2 months later...
On 11/10/2019 at 10:46, Rewulf said:

For the money, they are the best NV add on available.
You can easily spend twice as much , and get no better image or quality.

Make sure the scope you use has a lowish magnification , side focus is preferable, but not essential.

I have found cheaper scopes work better than higher end stuff , due to lens coatings.
Hawke ,MTC work well.

FFP reticules benefit from using the 12 mm version of the 007, anything else the standard 16mm.

Battery life is very good, and easily field swappable for really long 3 hours plus sessions.

Quick release for spotter use.

Steve says 100 yards for the on board IR  I disagree, I can ID a rabbit at 200 yards.

Let me know what gun you intend to use it on for any other advice.

I have something to say I've got a hw95 with a hawke panarama on it will that be okaii for the pard my focuz on my scope is by the eye piece 

6 hours ago, Fuzzbuzz said:

I have something to say I've got a hw95 with a hawke panarama on it will that be okaii for the pard my focuz on my scope is by the eye piece 

007 is fine for that scope, however some dont recommend theyre used on springer's , due to the recoil.

They are cleared for .308 cal , but some say the twang of a springer is worse?

You will have to make your own mind up on that one.