Picking up day 2

B725

Well what a wet miserable day, we didn't get much opportunity today to pick up much, what Stan did pick he was fine. He was sent for two pricked duck and as he was just about to pick them they flew off. The dog's natural instinct is to chase and he did however both time's he was told to stop and he did instantly so I'm happy with that. 

What's interesting is other people with their dog's, some have to tie them down, and some have to pick every thing they can and then you have the dog that runs about with naff all control. 

We may not have had much to do but he sat perfectly all the time, only went out when asked never used the lead and never had to correct him, the poor little fella was like a drowned rat but wagging his tail. He is a joy to have out with me. 

1 hour ago, B725 said:

Well what a wet miserable day, we didn't get much opportunity today to pick up much, what Stan did pick he was fine. He was sent for two pricked duck and as he was just about to pick them they flew off. The dog's natural instinct is to chase and he did however both time's he was told to stop and he did instantly so I'm happy with that. 

What's interesting is other people with their dog's, some have to tie them down, and some have to pick every thing they can and then you have the dog that runs about with naff all control. 

We may not have had much to do but he sat perfectly all the time, only went out when asked never used the lead and never had to correct him, the poor little fella was like a drowned rat but wagging his tail. He is a joy to have out with me. 

Good lad Stan!! :D

Knew he would come good after last week, just getting his confidence up. Can't wait to hear about him picking some good birds, take some pics for us please :)